Saturday 9 February 2013

Sunday and aint nothing but my art! + explaination.

It is sunday now matter what else you read.

Good day brothers and sisters. I just want to post today pictures of paintings done yesterday. I know the view to the site go up when I mention quotes by others. Today though I am content with the painting produced yesterday and may even just post pictures of my art for awhile with no writing. We will see, or I and only one or two people in only one or two countries will get to see it. For me, the following art is good enough to stand on its own! If you think so too, I am happy. If you dont, I am happy.


                          I really enjoy the vibrancy and depth that gives an almost 3d effect!




                      I hope some of you, if not all: have enjoyed seeing this art. I enjoyed and got
                      satisfaction from both the  result and the production! The above was composed last night!

                    So today I want to also share my reading from `New Daylight.`


Today is as you know sunday.


                                      Generous gift or tiresome burden?

(Jesus) said to the Pharisees, `The Son of Man is lord of the sabbath`... He entered the synagogue and taught, and there was a man there whose right hand was withered, The scribes and the Pharisees watched him to see whether he would cure on the sabbathe, so that they might find an accusation against him. Even though he knew what they were thinking, he said to the man who had the withered hand, `Come and stand her,` He got up and stood there, Then Jesus said to them. `I ask you, is it lawful to do good or to do harm on the sabbathe, to save life or to destroy it?` After looking around at all of them, he said to him, `Stretch out you hand.` He did so, and his hand was restored. 

Long ago, humans discoved that they would be healthier and happier if they allowed themselves a regular break. As would their animals. Most cultures had a day of rest and for the Jews is was the weekly sabbath. Seen as celebrating God`s `rest` after he created the universe. For many of us today, we understand that there could not have been been `weeks` and `days` at the begining of time, as our galaxy was a long way from coming into existance!
By the time of Jesus, the sabbath was strictly enforced, with so many different rules. There is a lot in the bible about Jesus and the sabbath, how a gift of God was being distorten into a tiresome burden. The `Son of Man` is `Lord of the sabbath (Luke 6:5). The divine healer will do his gracious work whatever day of the week it is!
                                   Reflection
Sunday, the Christian sabbath, is an opportunity to enjoy God`s `generous gift` without making it a `tiresome burden`.
So my brothers and sisters, it has just gone 7am here in Luton and I am going to go and serve the Lord.

Our watch-word for today is; `Mindfulness` so lets be mindful! 
                     
    Peace, blessings and love to you and all beings from  Bro Peter.




No comments: