Tuesday 20 May 2014

Can anyone doubt most of my art is abstract?

An abstract painting is exactly what it proports to be, whether it be paint splatters or stripes, while a representational painting has to give the illusion of the paint being air, or flesh, or flowers... therefore abstract paintings are rather concrete while representational paintings are rather abstract. (David Leffel
Below is a shot from one of my paintings. 



 Abstraction is itself an abstract word and has no single meaning... Every word in our language is abstract, because it represents something else. (Eric Maisel)


 The abstraction is often the most definite form for the intangible thing in myself that I can clarify in paint. (Georgia O'Keeffe)


Abstract art should be enjoyed just as music is enjoyed – after a while you may like it or you may not. (Jackson Pollock







                                            Here eye am looking at you.
 


I do hope that you enjoyed this short blog.

 With my youngest son still in hospital in Cambridge and appearing to be winning the battle against leukemia, I am blogging less and painting more. Please those of you who either pray, or believe in the power of positive thoughts; I ask you to remember my son, in your consciousness, with the thought and feeling of him being totally recovered. Blessings upon you, my brothers and sisters. Please pass this on with my love. Your brother, Peter.  

No comments: