Tuesday 8 July 2014

Photos of my art with words from others.

Good day and blessings upon you. Please pass them on.

Here are some photos of my recent art with quotes from others. I hope you enjoy them and this blog. If you do then pass it on!

I went through a dark night of the soul last night and emerge this morning to a sunny and positive day.

So here are photos of recent work which you are the first after God and me to see!

Accompanied by quotes by other bods.


The solitary visionaries are despised or regarded as abnormal and eccentric.
Wassily Kandinsky
Concerning the Spiritual in Art
Dover Publications (reprint of the first English translation of 1914), 1977.     



 I want to be far from the European struggle for money....Free at last, without money trouble, I'll be able to love, to sing and to die.
Paul Gauguin
from a letter to his wife, 1890  



---The all-important spark of inner [spiritual] life is at present only a spark.
---The spirit like the body, can be strengthened and developed by frequent exercise.
Wassily Kandinsky
Concerning the Spiritual in Art



There are two kinds of reality: physical reality, apprehended by the senses, and spiritual reality created emotionally and intellectually by the conscious or subconscious powers of the mind.
Hans Hofmann
excerpts from his teaching   



What really counts is to strip the soul naked. Painting or poetry is made as we make love; a total embrace, prudence thrown to the wind, nothing held back...
Joan Miro
from an interview with Georges Duthuit, 1936 



Art does not reproduce the visible; rather it makes visible.
Paul Klee
Creative Credo, 1920    



---First, [the artist] does not attach such intense importance to natural form as do so many realist critics, because for him [her] these final forms are not the real stuff of the process of natural creation. For he [she] places more value on the powers which do the forming than on the final forms themselves.
---...the artist must be forgiven if he [she] regards the present state of outward appearances in his [her] own particular world as accidentally fixed in time and space. And as altogether inadequate compared with his [her] penetrating vision and depth of feeling.
---...chosen are those artists who penetrate to the region of that secret place where primeval power nurtures all evolution. There, where the power-house of all time and space -- call it brain or heart of creation -- activates each function; who is the artist who would not dwell there?
Paul Klee
On Modern Art, 1924
Faber and Faber Limited, 1987.   



Everyday life is only an illusion behind which lies the reality of dreams... It is not only MY dreams. My belief is that all these dreams are yours as well. And the only distinction between me and you is that I can articulate them. And that is what poetry or painting or literature or film making is all about. It's as simple as that.
Werner Herzog
Burden of Dreams, Documentary Film, 1982   



---Today scientists no longer limit themselves to the three dimensions of Euclid. The painter have been led quite naturally, one might say by intuition, to preoccupy themselves with the new possibilities of spatial measurement which, in the language of modern studios, are designated by the term: the fourth dimension.
---Regarded from the plastic point of view, the fourth dimension appears to spring from the three known dimensions: it represents the immensity of space eternalizing itself in all directions at any given moment. It is space itself, the dimension of the infinite.
Guillaume Apollinaire


                      Lets look at this work from two ways around! Or should it be, `round`. It is what you see.
                      If anyone is wondering (I know I did for awhile!) whose feet these are, well, mine.

---Relativity teaches us the connection between the different descriptions of one and the same reality.
---Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity.
Albert Einstein

Here is another shot. 


All true productivity realizes itself simultaneously upon an artistic and scientific basis. With the acceptance of the Theory of Relativity by Einstein, the fourth dimension has come into the realm of natural science. The first and second dimension include the world of appearance, the third holds reality within it, the fourth dimension is the realm of the spirit and imagination, of feeling and sensibility.
Hans Hofmann, 1930 




...that fourth dimension which my whole being is seeking.
Max Beckmann


Everyday life is only an illusion behind which lies the reality of dreams... It is not only MY dreams. My belief is that all these dreams are yours as well. And the only distinction between me and you is that I can articulate them. And that is what poetry or painting or literature or film making is all about. It's as simple as that.
Werner Herzog
Burden of Dreams, Documentary Film, 1982   



I suppose I am interested, above all, in investigating the golden ability of the artist to achieve a metamorphosis of quite ordinary things into something wonderful and extraordinary...
Eduardo Paolozzi
The Metamorphosis of Ordinary Things, 1959   



To transform height, width, and depth into two dimensions is for me an experience full of magic in which I glimpse for a moment that fourth dimension which my whole being is seeking.
Max Beckmann



A picture used to be a sum of additions. In my case a pictures is a sum of destruction's. I do a picture -- then I destroy it. In the end, though, nothing is lost.
Picasso
Conversation, 1935 published in Cahiers d'Art, Paris, X, 1935.  


                       
When I am in my painting, I'm not aware of what I'm doing. It is only after a sort of get acquainted period that I see what I have been about. I have no fears about making changes, destroying the image, etc. because the painting has a life of its own.
Jackson Pollock
Statement, 1947

  
             This is the end of this blog, but hopefully not the end of me! Though the destruction of ego would be a welcome reality!
Toodle pip my wonderful brothers and sisters. Your bro, Peter.

No comments: