Wednesday 24 September 2014

Welcome to todays blog which is just shots of my work. With quotes from others which resonate in my universal being.

Okay, although I said in the title that this is just going to be shots of my work, please allow me the use of my artistic license to add the odd/not strange line or two of words to accompany each shot and also to thank you and bless you for taking your time to look at my blog..


 Abstraction demands more from me than realism. Instead of reproducing something outside of me, now I go inward and use everything I've learned thus far in my life.


 When you see a fish you don't think of its scales, do you? You think of its speed, its floating, flashing body seen through the water... If I made fins and eyes and scales, I would arrest its movement, give a pattern or shape of reality. I want just the flash of its spirit.


 If I choose abstraction over reality, it is because I consider it the lesser chaos.


 Abstract art has come into being as a necessary expression of the feelings and thoughts of our age; it has added new dimensions to creative painting.


 Abstract Art... is part of the constant change and vital searching that energizes every true art.


In the process of making a painting in an abstract way, the painter is in search of a reality. Not one of realistic objects, but of the complete end result. The painting is experienced as a whole, and must evoke in the painter the absolute conviction that this is how it should be and no other way. 


 Abstract literally means to draw from or separate. In this sense every artist is abstract... a realistic or non-objective approach makes no difference. The result is what counts.


 Abstract artists tell their stories with shapes, color, edges, movement, and value - just like when one is painting a beautiful scene. The difference is, of course, there is no scene. The scene is within the artist. I often get asked, 'How do you know when you are done?' I am done when the story is told.


   Art, indeed, began with abstraction.


 Have a good day folks and know, or at least try realize that you are loved, but we have to love ourselves to know what the love we can have for all creation and that which is uncreated, but has always been. Its easier to love those outside our selves, as we often feel separate from them. When we get to the point where we are `One` with all, then we will know we are immortal spiritual beings having a brief human experience. Blessing an love be upon you and shine out from you. Thank you.
Your brother, Peter G Kimble.

No comments: