Friday 22 January 2016

Fish on Friday.

Good day brothers and sisters. Wonderful to me that you have come to see this blog constructed through me for us to share.

Yes, for those of you who may have wondered, I do miss my second son, Harry.
(For those of you who dont know, he died after a long battle with leukemia. On 17th Oct 2015.)

His elder brother, Joshua was around here about an hour ago after attending sixth form college. 

So now I will share some photos of from my recent paintings...

Along with some quotes I am contemplating.
  


“He Is Not Dead

I cannot say, and I will not say
That he is dead. He is just away.
With a cheery smile, and a wave of the hand,
He has wandered into an unknown land
And left us dreaming how very fair
It needs must be, since he lingers there.
And you—oh you, who the wildest yearn
For an old-time step, and the glad return,
Think of him faring on, as dear
In the love of There as the love of Here.
Think of him still as the same. I say,
He is not dead—he is just away.” 



“I am always saddened by the death of a good person. It is from this sadness that a feeling of gratitude emerges. I feel honored to have known them and blessed that their passing serves as a reminder to me that my time on this beautiful earth is limited and that I should seize the opportunity I have to forgive, share, explore, and love. I can think of no greater way to honor the deceased than to live this way.” 


Oh Harry. Closed eyes, heart not beating, but a living love.


“People in the real world always say, when something terrible happens, that the sadness and loss and aching pain of the heart will “lessen as time passes,” but it isn’t true. Sorrow and loss are constant, but if we all had to go through our whole lives carrying them the whole time, we wouldn’t be able to stand it. The sadness would paralyze us. So in the end we just pack it into bags and find somewhere to leave it.” 
― Fredrik BackmanMy Grandmother Asked Me to Tell You She's Sorry




Grief, no matter how you try to cater to its wail, has a way of fading away.



“When family gathers around for a dying loved one, I have realised, that it probably does more good for the living, than for the dying. Sometimes, death can bring the living together, and death can cause the living to find solace in one another. In this way, death is a part of life, and those who die can in fact give gifts to the living, gifts that they were not able to give while they were still alive and well.” 
― C. JoyBell C.



 “In perpetuum, frater, ave atque vale. (Forever and ever, brother, hail and farewell.)” 
― CatullusCatullus: The Complete Poems
 

               Kiss someone like it's the last one you give.

                 (For me, the last kiss I gave to my son Harry was after He died. Though that though was only for now. In another place beyond time we will meet again and have a glorious embrace.) 



He is gone and all we have is this world, here and now. We had better make the most of it now.



Harrys death leaves me both depleted and emboldened. That's what tragedy does to you, I am learning. The sadness and wild freedom of it all impart a strange durability. I feel weathered and detached, tucking my head against the winds and trudging forward into life.



All those who die in the Lord, will rise in the resurrection day.



We are formed by dust, when life ends, we shall we return as dust to the ground and yet our soul will carry on into another realm. 



Life is not profound without its own tragedy. It humbles us. Sets the bar for our introspection. Keeps us from believing we are gods. Puts our egos in check.


Relieve your pain.
Shedding tears is good for the soul. 



one must learn to live with the living before one can learn to live with the dead.



As we witness the death of departed souls, other people will observe our departure from the world.




God determines the timing of everything;
A time to be born and a time to die.
A time to be sorrow and a time to be happy.
A time to plant and a time to harvest.
A time to search and a time to quit searching.
A time of darkness and a time of light.
A time of trouble and a time of liberation.



Good day to you my beloved. Know that you are loved and pass this on.
 Your brother in Christ and of all the saints, Peter.

No comments: