Wednesday 2 September 2015

Silsoe with Harry my son, my sister viv and of course a mooch Maisy our pooch.

Good day and greetings to you all. Without further ado I shall share some photos I took in Silsoe, a village in Bedfordshire.

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Silsoe like this:

SILSOE, a village and a chapelry in Flitton parish, Beds. The village stands near the Midland railway, 3½ miles ESE of Ampthill; was once a market town; and has a post-office under Ampthill, a hotel, and fairs on 13 May and 21 Sept. The chapelry comprises 2,160 acres. Real property, £3,848. Pop., 713. Houses, 150. The manor, with Wrest Park, belongs to Countess Cowper. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Ely. Value, £150.* Patron, Countess Cowper. The church was rebuilt in 1830, at a cost of £5,000. There are public schools and a dispensary.

Yesterday I went to Silsoe for a walk with my sister Viv and my son Harry, partly as a distraction for Harry. Today we saw Harry and his mum off on a train to London, where at University College Hospital he will be having stem cell bone marrow transfusion, which we are hoping and praying will cure the Leukemia which has infected his blood.
I ask those of you reading this and believing in either prayer or positive thinking, to envisage with us, a good outcome!  











                                            God bless you Harry my son and thanks Maisy
                                            for you doing your part.
         
                                            His above was an interesting find. A steam engine
                                             with rubber tyres etc.


                                   FIN

No comments: