Monday 8 July 2013

I am tired and have got to travel to london to Studio Upstairs and do some art there. Doing it all at home makes Jack a dull boy.

Greetings love and peace to you all, my wonderful brothers and sisters.
As I have stated, I am off to london and I am already tired. So without further ado, I will post photos of my latest art, some taken whilst still wet!



Accompanied as you will see with quotes from those more famous than I. (not that I am at all famous.)


I got up early and bathed in the pond; that was a religious exercise, and one of the best things which I did.  They say that characters were in-graven on the bathing tub of King Tc hing-thang to this effect: "Renew thyself completely each day; do it again, and again, and forever again."  Henry David Thoreau

I wish that life should not be cheap, but sacred.  I wish the days to be as centuries, loaded, fragrant.  Ralph Waldo Emerson


Try dying every day to your old self . . . So that you emerge renewed and young again as the tired mind sheds its load . . .  Kristin Zambucka

I wish that life should not be cheap, but sacred.  I wish the days to be as centuries, loaded, fragrant.  Ralph Waldo Emerson

If you have the capacity to count, then you have the capacity to pray. If you pray for others then you are counted as a friend of Jesus. Mr Nebblesworth.
                  Each morning we are born again.  What we do today is what matters most.  Buddha
 

                    ...There is no better means of attainment to the spiritual life
                       Than by continually beginning again...  Saint Francis de Sales

                      Finish every day and be done with it.
                     You have done what you could.
                     Some blunders and absurdities, no doubt, crept in.
                     Forget them as soon as you can,
                     tomorrow is a new day;
                     begin it well and serenely,
                     with too high a spirit to be cumbered
                     with your old nonsense.  Ralph Waldo Emerson

Always hold fast to the present.  Every situation, indeed every moment, is of infinite value, for it is the representative of a whole eternity.  Johann Wolfgang von Goethe


       

I am grateful for what I am and have.  My thanksgiving is perpetual.  It is surprising how contented one can be with nothing definite - only a sense of existence.  My breath is sweet to me.  O how I laugh when I think of my vague indefinite riches.  No run on my bank can drain it, for my wealth is not possession but enjoyment.  Henry David Thoreau



* * * * * *
Be content with what you have;
Rejoice in the way things are. 
When you realize there is nothing
lacking,
The whole world belongs to you.  Lao Tzu




There's only one reason why you're not experiencing bliss at this present moment, and it's because you're thinking or focusing on what you don't have....But, right now you have everything you need to be in bliss.  Anthony de Mello

Dorothy tries to sum it all up before leaving Oz.  "It's that if ever I go looking for my heart's desire again, I won't look any further than my own backyard," she tells Glinda, the Good Witch of the North.  "Because if it isn't there, I never really lost it to begin with.  Is that it?"
"That's all it is," confirms Glinda.  Joey Green, quoting from Wizard of Oz



Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives.  William James
   I am in actual fact walking in a mindful state to the station, a few minutes and will have a wonderful day creating art in London. Content in the fact that the majority of you, my brothers and sisters who visit here will be praying for my well being as I do for you now. Blessings and peace to you and all beings. Pass this on with loving intentions in all you do. Your bro Peter. 

No comments: