Friday 20 November 2015

Fish on Friday and the first since Harry died.

 Good day brothers and sisters. Yesterday I wrote on the paintings I created, `TDAHF` which stood for The Day After Harry's Funeral.

It would get silly if today I wrote TDATDHF and yes that would be the day after the day after and so it could go on and on.
 We have to move on and that doesn't of course mean forgetting his funeral, or more importantly his life.
There's a lawyer who I have known for a month or two, or even more (blooming head injury of mine gets in the way of being precise!) - which is far less than the year or so I have known Jackie and her wire haired terrier called Woody - anyway this guy is a wonderful man and asked if he could go to the funeral. Anyway, back to this man, who has a fantastic young GSD, which he is unfortunately going to have to re-home due to him moving to open another office abroad. Anyway he told Jackie that after attending Harry's funeral, he told his son that it was not important how well he does in his studies and the important thing is to know that his dad loves him. I think his son had been worrying and getting a bit depressed that he wasn't going to achieve well enough at school and become a disappointment to his father. 
Harry's funeral was a great celebration of such a short life. Just fifteen years, that it touched this man and he just wanted his son to know that he loved him.
I know that when Harry was dying and we were with him in hospital those last hours of his life I said the same to him. He was not conscious, but I believe his soul was aware of us there, as the noise of the machine pumping air into his lungs kept going on, whilst his heart was beating. I understand his mum being distraught and not wanting Harry to die, but it was inevitable. His body was closing down.  I said to him, " We don't want you to go and we love you, but we understand if you need to go and its okay." I felt that he shouldn't feel he had to hang on and it was horrible for him having to go through the pain, which fortunately he could alleviate to some extent with a self medicating morphine device.
 I had though said to one of the doctors the day before this all happened and we were still optimistic of Harry's treatment being successful; roughly that if it was a bit of a painful time for Harry to go through to get better, then I thought Harry was strong enough to tough it out!    

 
Why wait for Heaven? Those who seek the Light are merely covering their eyes. The Light is in them now. Enlightenment is but a recognition, not a change at all.


 St Teresa of Avila 1515 - 1582The hour I have long wished for is now come. 
(her final words)





 Sri Aurobindo 1872 - 1950The first and the most important thing is to know that life is one and immortal. Only the forms, countless in number, are transient and brittle. The life everlasting is independent of any form but manifests itself in all forms. Life then does not die... but the forms are dissolved.






Henry Ward Beecher 1813 - 1887We go to the grave of a friend saying, "A man is dead,"
but angels throng about him saying, "A man is born."




James Matthew Barrie 1860 - 1937To die will be an awfully big adventure.




Francis Bacon 1561 - 1626It is as natural to die - as to be born.




Richard Bach 1936What the caterpillar calls the end of the world,
the master calls a butterfly.




Ludwig van Beethoven 1770 - 1827I shall hear in heaven.
(his final words)


 St Teresa of Avila 1515 - 1582The hour I have long wished for is now come. 
(her final words)   These may well also be mine. Not though that I am in a haste to utter them today.  Until I blog again my beloved brothers and sisters, know that you are loved and pass this love on. Okay I would like it if you passed the blog on as well. 
Your brother in Christ and of all the saints, esp,  Sri Aurobindo., Peter G Kimble

No comments: