Friday 9 May 2014

Fish on Friday

Welcome folks to the Fish on Friday blog, which is a tad late. Well with Harry my youngest still battling leukemia and having to get Josh his elder brother prepared to go camping this weekend for his Duke of Edinburgh award, its been all go. Here I am now though with my boots off and sitting in my socks to type this and post some photos for you all.

   As you can see I like this both ways!



 It is great wisdom to know how to be silent and to look at neither the remarks, nor the deeds, nor the lives of others.


                                              It is love alone that gives worth to all things


                                 Pain is never permanent”   For this and for the pain I thank God.


 A tree is known by its fruit; a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost; he who sows courtesy reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.


 Take God for your spouse and friend and walk with Him continually, and you will not sin, will learn to love, and the things you must do will work out prosperously for you.


 Remember that you have only one soul; that you have only one death to die; that you have only one life. . . . If you do this, there will be many things about which you care nothing.


                         God aids the valiant...both to you and to me He will give the help needed.


                                                  To saints, their very slumber is a prayer.


 Let nothing disturb thee; Let nothing dismay thee; All thing pass; God never changes. Patience attains All that it strives for. He who has God Finds he lacks nothing:God alone suffices.


   Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.


                                Preach the Gospel at all times and when necessary use words.







Brother Lawrence says that secret conversations with God must be "repeat[ed] often in the day," and "for the right practice of it, the heart must be empty of all other things." He speaks of the trouble of wandering thoughts and says that the habit of practicing the presence of God is the “one remedy" and the "best and easiest method" he knows to dissolve distractions.
I dont know if any of you reading this blog have asked God a question and listened to the still voice within for an answer. I did for the first time early on in the week. It was after a friend gave me the book, `Letting Go` by David R Hawkins. Now because of my memory I cannot recall the short conversation, but know that it was what I needed to hear at the time, to press on and do all thats been required of me.  


Because my brothers and sisters, it was I that produced the painting which the above shot is taken, I know that there was nothing but blank paper beneath where I let the black paint splatter. Yet in a way there could be. Just as someone may lift up a rug and sweep dirt underneath, but it would still be there, in this case we can in our imagination put something, a memory, or bad feeling underneath and leave it there to be blotted out!  I hope that you all have a good weekend and may the love of God, which surpasses our understanding be with you now and always. Your brother of Christ and all the saints, Peter.
  

No comments: