Monday 12 December 2011

Walk quietly but carry a big stick


Good day. Here are a few of my more natural looking walking sticks. When I was a child, I was told about a crooked man who lived in a crooked house and this gave me the idea to get a couple of crooked walking sticks.
Talking about crooked things, my bank card was stolen yesterday. I went to the bank today and cancelled it. I am well overdrawn and so am glad I realized it was missing. The bank said the last two times it was used was somewhere I would not have used it and the wrong pin was entered. As I said to my son. Bank cards and phones and other stuff can either be replaced or gone without out. Its important to not let the few bad apples stop us liking the fruit!

Buster my dog is going to have to be more my rock when I am feeling lonely. Here are some quotes about dogs I would like to share with you.


A test of conscience

If a dog will not come to you
after he has looked you in the Longevity is not all
face, you ought to go home and I have sometimes thought of the
examine you conscience. final cause of dogs having such
Woodrow Wilson short lives and I am quite
satisfied it is in compassion to
the human race: for if we suffer
so much in losing a dog after an
A prayer
acquaintance of ten or twelve
`God give to me by your grace years, what would it be if they
what you give to dogs by were to live double that time?
nature.`
Mechtilda of Magdeberg, Sir Walter Scott (1771 - 1832)
a thirteenth - century hermitess

Its good how writing today's blog has been cathartic

Wishing you all well including those who are unlikely to read this blog but have taken from me, that which I could have been more entitled to, but as all really belongs to God enough said. Atleast Buster has plenty of food! Fair well my brothers and sisters. Your brother Peter



No comments: