Thursday 5 December 2013

Good day and blessings to all beings. Today I share art from me which you are the first to see and quote`s from another which today for the first time I have seen...

Good day my brothers and sisters

Here now with no further ado, is my art and our bro Kierkegaard`s 

writing.  

“The matter is quite simple. The bible is very easy to understand. But we Christians are a bunch of scheming swindlers. We pretend to be unable to understand it because we know very well that the minute we understand, we are obliged to act accordingly. Take any words in the New Testament and forget everything except pledging yourself to act accordingly. My God, you will say, if I do that my whole life will be ruined. How would I ever get on in the world? Herein lies the real place of Christian scholarship. Christian scholarship is the Church’s prodigious invention to defend itself against the Bible, to ensure that we can continue to be good Christians without the Bible coming too close. Oh, priceless scholarship, what would we do without you? Dreadful it is to fall into the hands of the living God. Yes it is even dreadful to be alone with the New Testament.”



“Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.” 



“The function of prayer is not to influence God, but rather to change the nature of the one who prays.”   



"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation 

for the freedom of thought which they seldom use.”  




“Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced.”   


    “What labels me, negates me.”   



            “The most common form of despair is not being who you are.”   

“The Bible is very easy to understand. But we Christians
 are a bunch of scheming swindlers. We pretend to be
unable to understand it because we know very well that the minute we understand, we are obliged to act accordingly.”   


                                       “Once you label me you negate me.”   

   
“In addition to my other numerous acquaintances, I have one more intimate confidant… My depression is the most faithful mistress I have known — no wonder, then, that I return the love.”   


“The most painful state of being is remembering the future, particularly the one you'll never have.”   


“God creates out of nothing. Wonderful you say. Yes, to be sure, but he does what is still more wonderful: he makes saints out of sinners.”   



The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins.
   

“God creates out of nothing. Wonderful you say. Yes, to be sure, but he does what is still more wonderful: he makes saints out of sinners.”   


“To cheat oneself out of love is the most terrible deception; it is an eternal loss for which there is no reparation, either in time or in eternity.”  


 “The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins.”
 


“A fire broke out backstage in a theatre. The clown came out to warn the public; they thought it was a joke and applauded. He repeated it; the acclaim was even greater. I think that's just how the world will come to an end: to general applause from wits who believe it's a joke.”   


“To dare is to lose one's footing momentarily. Not to dare is to lose oneself.”   




                   “Face the facts of being what you are, for that is what changes what you are.”





“People understand me so poorly that they don't even understand my complaint about them not understanding me.”

   

“The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins.”   

                             
                                   FIN

No comments: