Tuesday 17 March 2015

Good day to you all. Have a look at some shots of a painting created this morning and still wet! Blessings upon you all.

This is my latest art. Well, to tell you the truth I spent a lot longer yesterday working on the covering of boxes with my paintings. 
I will wait until I have finished one or two more before sharing a photo of the group.
I hope that when I have completed enough, they will be an art installation in a gallery!
For now I will share the photos from a painting created this morning.



                                          Here I purposefully moved the camera for this effect.








                                   

                                            These 3 below I also moved the camera for effect.

















Now my wonderful brothers and sisters. Below is the whole painting, or I should say, an image of it on your screen! Yep thats why my eldest and wise sister often calls me `Pedantic Pete`... Followed by smaller shots taken to share with you the views that caught my eye. Accompanied by some words from others, which I share in the hope that at least one of you along with me will find them a help in our personal growth.  
   





 After Awhile (Sometimes referred to as "Comes the Dawn")

After a while, you learn the subtle difference
Between holding a hand and chaining a soul,
And you learn that love doesn't mean leaning
And company doesn't mean security.
And you begin to learn that kisses aren't contracts
And presents aren't promises.
And you begin to accept your defeats
With your head up and your eyes open
With the grace of a woman, not the grief of a child.
And you learn to build all your roads
On today, because tomorrow's ground
Is too uncertain for plans, and futures have
A way of falling down in mid-flight.
After a while you learn that even sunshine
Burns if you get too much.
So you plant your own garden and decorate
Your own soul instead of waiting
For someone to bring you flowers.
And you learn that you really can endure...
That you really are strong
And you really do have worth.
And you learn and learn...
With every goodbye you learn.

-Veronica Shoffstall





 The willow knows what the storm does not: that the power to endure harm outlives the power to inflict it.
- Blood of the Martyr




 It is one of the most beautiful compensations in life that no man can sincerely try to help another, without helping himself.

-- Ralph Waldo Emerson




"I will persist until I succeed. Always will I take another step. If that is of no avail I will take another, and yet another. In truth, one step at a time is not too difficult.... I know that small attempts, repeated, will complete any undertaking."

—Og Mandino







 I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong. - Bertrand Russell 

I am not Bertrand Russell and would not follow his words exactly, as I could use text from The Holy Bible, where it says, "I no longer live, yet not I but Christ lives in me." In this case Christ lives and has already died once upon the cross and rose from the dead. So as a follower of The Way of Jesus, I can, or would hope to have in God imbued

Yet Russell if not an Atheist was definitely agnostic. 




 The Unbroken by Rashani Rea*
*
There is a brokenness
out of which comes the unbroken,
a shatteredness *out of which blooms the unshatterable. *
*
There is a sorrow
beyond all*grief which leads to joy
and a fragility out of whose depths emerges strength. *
*
There is a hollow space too vast for words
through which we pass with each loss, *
out of whose darkness we are sanctioned into being.
*
There is a cry deeper than all sound
whose serrated edges cut*the heart
as we break open
to the place within that is unbreakable
and whole,
while learning to sing. *




 What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us.

--Ralph Waldo Emerson






 "And a woman spoke, saying, Tell us of Pain.
And he said:

Your pain is the breaking of the shell
that encloses your understanding.
Even as the stone of the fruit must break,
that it's heart may stand in the sun, so must
you know pain.

And could you keep your heart in wonder
at the daily miracles of your life, your pain
would not seem less wondrous than your
joy;
And you would accept the seasons of your
heart, even as you have always accepted
the seasons that pass over your fields.
And you would watch with serenity
through the winters of your grief.

Much of your pain is self-chosen.
It is the bitter potion by which the physician
within you heals your sick self.
Therefore trust the physician, and drink
his remedy in silence and tranquility.

For his hand, though heavy and hard,
is guided by the tender hand of the Unseen,
And the cup he brings, though it burn
your lips, has been fashioned of the clay
which the Potter has moistened with His
own sacred tears."

K. Gibran
'The Prophet'




 Radiate Joy

When Loving becomes a habit, we naturally radiate joy.
Is there anything more appealing than someone who takes delight in life?
Don't fake joy if you're not feeling it, but don't withhold exuberance either.
We owe it to the world to let our goodwill spill over.
Even simple appreciation can be a healing balm.

As the Vietnamese Zen Master Thich Nhat Hanh reminds us:



Happiness is available; please help yourself. 
This is also my reminder to you and me! Your bro, Peter.



 Blessings, love, joy and forgiveness to all and sundry. Yep, God loves you, me and even the bankers! (they ought though to heed the saying about the camel passing through the eye of the needle?)
You brother Peter signing off here for today.
 

No comments: