Thursday 17 October 2013

Today I have been thinking about going to a Quaker meeting here in Luton and also have taken some pictures of my latest painting to share with you.

In 1647, George Fox wrote the following words which retain deep resonance for our time now together, meeting here at this blog of ours.
….in this, I saw the infinite love of God. I saw also that there was an ocean of darkness and death, but an infinite ocean of light and love, which flowed over the ocean of darkness. And in that also, I saw the great love of God and I had great openings. (Quaker Faith and Practice, 19.03)

Welcome and thank you my few brothers and sisters who come here to see my art and let me share what has been on my mind and in my heart.
Firstly the art.

When we - and I am not saying I know for sure we have all done this - say, stand still on a high point of a mountain looking out at an enormous scene we can get an overall image, but do not see and focus our attention on all the little details at the same time.  Just as when we watch a movie we do not see all the scenes at one moment of time. This painting as with much of my work, is an attempt to symbolically express this. The love and the struggle. Pain and joy. Stillness and energetic movement. Contradictions and oneness!
I succeed in that it always brings me to, `I am that I am`.
I would ask you to do as I do, or not as you wish and try to look at each photo of the one work which is shown below in a variety of ways; abandoning any thought that you are not me nor me you. Try to clear you mind of any other thought than, `I Am That.` Then just be aware but dont dwell on any feelings or thoughts which present themselves, but say; " I am that".

 Blessings and love upon us all as One in this universe together. 
 




    We can sit still here on a mountain top if we want to awhile with our back to worldly things which pass.



                           Beneath us beings struggle and pull each other down, not yet enlightened
                               to the way of cooperation.

                                             


                These below I shall not let thought come into mind nor share what emotions the may provoke
                  in me,  if any :)

















A Tradition of Silence: 
Quotes from the Masters


   
 The more I read, the more I surf the web, I am finding an increasing amount of treasure in the words of many magnificent teachers and teachings about silence. I am resonating with these gifts no matter what tradition they come from. There is a commonality of experience and declaration. It is the genuine heart of Spirit speaking here through the ages. The voices differ, the textures differ, and yet the experiential fact is exactly the same. Those who have found Pure Silence: the freedom within, are moved simply to share it. The following is a random texts for our enjoyment and resonance.

"But the perfect reflection of the One is shining by itself in lonely silence, there safely pent as one and indivisible. The unity (of God) is un-necessitous, it has no need of speech, but subsists alone in unbroken silence. The mind is rid of light when it is rid of mode; and it is rid of darkness when letting go of all natural things, it sinks in nameless actuality. Then it loses both light and darkness in the abyss that a creature in its own right never plumbs. Such is the estrangement in one as foreshadowed in the ordinary mind, but the realization of unity which the blessed have lies in the exquisite consciousness of another than themselves. O unfathomable void, bottomless to creatures and to thine own self, in thy depth art thou exalted in thy impartible, imperishable actuality; in the height of thy essential power thou art so deep thou dost engulf thy simple ground which is there concealed from all that thou are not; yet those whom thou wouldest commune with shall know thee with thyself."
Meister Eckhart


Have a good day my brothers and sisters and though we may be few coming here together at this blog, I pray we can all have love and the desire for the end of suffering of all beings.  Your brother Peter G Kimble

No comments: