Wednesday 16 October 2013

Todays post is for freedom and I have been thinking on both Pussy Riot and Leo Tolstoy.

Good morning from here in England, planet earth, to where ever and whatever you are. You may be like me, a loving, immortal spiritual being having a brief human experience, or not! 

I should like to dedicate this blog to an individual Russian whose book `What I believe` I am listening to on Youtube; today. This is Leo Tolstoy. Also as you will know from the title of todays blog. A young punk rock group who perhaps rub all forms of establishment up the wrong way.

Free Pussy Riot Free Pussy Riot

 From politicians to priests. I dont know for sure as I only have a certain amount of time to look at different things and I am giving about eight hour today to take in the writing of  brother Leo. So without further ado I will post my art which today is one painting as a homage to Pussy Riot, all youngsters rebelling using forms of art. 
The other painting is not and is of my usual form.






All, everything that I understand, I understand only because I love.
Leo Tolstoy 




Government is an association of men who do violence to the rest of us.





The hero of my tale, whom I love with all the power of my soul, whom I have tried to portray in all his beauty, who has been, is, and will be beautiful, is Truth.


A man can live and be healthy without killing animals for food; therefore, if he eats meat, he participates in taking animal life merely for the sake of his appetite. And to act so is immoral.



  • I sit on a man's back, choking him, and making him carry me, and yet assure myself and others that I am very sorry for him and wish to ease his lot by any means possible, except getting off his back.
    • Writings on Civil Disobedience and Nonviolence (1886)


If a man aspires towards a righteous life, his first act of abstinence is from injury to animals.


  • The truth is that the State is a conspiracy designed not only to exploit, but above all to corrupt its citizens ... Henceforth, I shall never serve any government anywhere.


Seize the moments of happiness, love and be loved! That is the only reality in the world, all else is folly. It is the one thing we are interested in here.


Love hinders death. Love is life. All, everything that I understand, I understand only because I love. Everything is, everything exists, only because I love. Everything is united by it alone. Love is God, and to die means that I, a particle of love, shall return to the general and eternal source.


For man alone, complete sorrow is as impossible as pure and complete joy. Yet with God, all things supernatural are possible. Conceive, believe and receive.

     
May the love of God be with us all today in us and through us. May we pray for all those who cannot as yet believe in this almighty power which exceeds normal human understanding. Especially those of faith or of no faith, that are being persecuted. I ask this in the name of my brother Jesus Christ who lives today and reigns in me.. Your brother of Christ, the Buddha and all the saints. Peter G Kimble

No comments: