Monday 10 February 2014

Some of my recent art and meditations to share with you my wonderful brothers and sisters.

Love and peace to all beings. Blessings also to you coming here. Please pass these on. You are so loved and I need your love also.

The whole world needs more of our love and so my wonderfully loved brothers and sisters, lets feel more loving more of the time for all creation and if you are like me, then you can also love, and give thanks and praise to our creator!
 
                                             Surfing a wave of colour within a bigger picture.

 

 I have my brothers and sisters, been mulling over a Koan which I myself, whilst denying myself came up with.

"What is the answer to the question that doesnt exist?"

Definition of KOAN

:  a paradox to be meditated upon that is used to train Zen Buddhist monks to abandon ultimate dependence on reason and to force them into gaining sudden intuitive enlightenment 
 
 
 Similarly, the often forgotten motivation for the formulation of doctrine is the aim of not dissolving the mystery of God. When Christians say God is three in one, we assert what they take as a meaningful contradiction. And that’s the point. If you accept it, you accept a mystery.

Zen Buddhism tends not to talk of God, but it does talk of the mystery of existence in its koans and meditation on questions like “What is it?” Enlightenment comes when the monk sees that there is no answer, or rather that the answer is only the question: “what?” The mystery of life is revealed as an interrogative. So too God.
 
  A man went to a cathedral where he had heard many miracles had occurred, visions of Heaven. "I have come all the way from America, to find God," he told one of the believers.
"Aah. God has gone all the way to America, to find you."
 


A novice said to a master, "I am sick and tired of the immorality that is all around us. There is fornication everywhere, drunkenness and drugs in the inner city, relativism in people's minds, and do you know where the worst of it is?"
The master said, "Inside your heart."


                                                                Epiphany comes

A novice said to a master, "I wish that Christ were still around, that we could love him."
The master picked up a little girl, and gave her a kiss.

Christ has no hands on earth but ours!

I my brothers and sisters when much more unenlightened than now, used to say, why me? When it came to things that hurt me.

 It was said as some sort of accusation against God.

Why should I be the one who`s mother dies when not yet three years old?
Why should I be the one who`s father dies when when I was only sixteen?
Why should I fall in love with a beautiful child of God who alas suffered from clinical depression and in taking her own life, leaves me with a brain injury?

Then I said, Why should God have to come down from Heaven, be born in a stable amongst animals, grow up and be tortured to death on a cross to save me? Love. Plain simple love and yet is it.
The paradox for me is that the more I get it and give it, then more I realize I am lacking. Yet this gives me hope!

Sometimes what the worldly people see as a dissability, God can use to focus our own truth on greater abilities!

This is one reason why one or two of you who come across this blog and have never met me in this life, nor me you; will understand or not how I can have so much love for you.
My Father in heaven fashioned you and me before the creation of time and so now I as He am waiting for this present time to expire and for us to be all together loving for eternity.  Bless you one or many who come to this blog of a relitively unknown artist!   

                                                                      KILL Ego

                       The above painting is entitled, `This is not about the artist its about you.`

                      Arr. ~ This above painting is the last for awhile in which I can use liquid acrylic.
                      This is because alas, my funds are meagre as there is no real outlet to sell my art!

                         Meditation no.2
                      It does not affect the quality or progress of either my art or spiritual attainment.
                      So ought I not to be overly concerned that I have hundreds upon hundreds of
                      my original paintings here in this humble abode. I can be more concerned about
                      this home not being as humble a place in which to lay down, than many of our
                      less fortunate brothers and sisters have?
                      Some of you will know that before coming home to England some ten years ago,
                      I lived in the Philippines for six.
                      My heart still goes often to the street children and also those in an orphanage I
                      only occasionally visited. Yes I do have regrets, but they are to spurn me on
                      when I feel like giving in to ego and self pity.
                      For in reality, I no longer live and yet not I but Christ lives in me!   



A novice said to a master, "I want to be totally devoted to God. Tell me how I should talk, how I should dress, how I should act."
The master said to the novice, "I want to be spontaneous. Tell me how I should plan my day."






A novice asked a master, "How am I to resist temptation? My strongest efforts of willpower are not enough."
The master asked the novice, "How am I to put out that fire? All the gasoline I own is not enough."


A master observed that a novice was involved in many kinds of service and all kinds of good works. The master asked the novice, "Why do you do so many good works?"
"Because I am trying to make myself acceptable to God," the novice said.
The master set a tile before the novice, and began to polish it.
"What are you doing?", the novice asked.
"I am polishing this tile, to make it into a mirror."
"You can't make a tile into a mirror by polishing it!", the novice protested.
"And neither can you make yourself acceptable to God by good works," the master answered.



A novice said to a master, "I want to be a great man. What is the first thing I should do?"
The master answered, "Forget about being a great man."

 FIN

No comments: