Friday 21 November 2014

Fish on Friday.

Good day to you my wonderful brothers and sisters. Lets get right into some art which you will see here first. Yep and if you dont see it here where I am then secondly it can be seen on this blog...

As its a Fish on Friday blog I am bringing you quotes from the founder of a fighting art, which may seem strange to some of you! Yet when you get into it you may well know where I am coming from, but not where I will end up!

Morihei Ueshiba. 14 December 1883 – 25April 1969. was a philosoper, martial artist, author, and the creator of the discipline of Aikido.





  • The Way of the Warrior has been misunderstood. It is not a means to kill and destroy others. Those who seek to compete and better one another are making a terrible mistake. To smash, injure, or destroy is the worst thing a human being can do. The real Way of a Warrior is to prevent such slaughter — it is the Art of Peace, the power of love.
    • Speaking of a vision of the "Great Spirit of Peace" in 1942, during World War II, as quoted in Adjusting Though Reflex : Romancing Zen (2010) by Rodger Hyodo, p. 76


 “As soon as you concern yourself with the "good" and "bad" of your fellows, you create an opening in your heart for maliciousness to enter. Testing, competing with, and criticizing others weakens and defeats you.”
Morihei Ueshiba, The Art of Peace
  • I felt the universe suddenly quake, and that a golden spirit sprang up from the ground, veiled my body, and changed my body into a golden one. At the same time my body became light. I was able to understand the whispering of the birds, and was clearly aware of the mind of God, the creator of the universe.
    At that moment I was enlightened: the source of Budo is God's love — the spirit of loving protection for all beings … Budo is not the felling of an opponent by force; nor is it a tool to lead the world to destruction with arms. True Budo is to accept the spirit of the universe, keep the peace of the world, correctly produce, protect and cultivate all beings in nature.
    • An account of an experience of transcendent awareness, soon after a contest where, unarmed, he defeated a naval officer armed with a bokken (wooden sword) without harming him; as quoted in Aikido (1985) by Kisshomaru Ueshiba





 “The divine is not something high above us. It is in heaven, it is in earth, it is inside us”
Morihei Ueshiba


 “When you bow deeply to the universe, it bows back; when you call out the name of God, it echoes inside you.”
Morihei Ueshiba, The Art of Peace


 “may you be happy, may you be well
may you be peaceful and at ease
may you be filled with loving kindness
And compassion for all beings”
Morihei Ueshiba





                                            
      Sorry folks, but the above should ideally be rotated to the right,
But I  assure you that it will be a whole lot easier for you to tilt your head down to the left, than me fix it!
I found it worth tilting my head and it was a lot easier than tilting at windmills with a lance.
                                                        



    “Loyalty and devotion lead to bravery. Bravery leads to the spirit of self-sacrifice. The spirit of self-sacrifice creates trust in the power of love.”
Morihei Ueshiba




 “One does not need buildings, money, power, or status to practice the Art of Peace. Heaven is right where you are standing, and that is the place to train.”
Morihei Ueshiba

“To injure an opponent is to injure yourself. To control aggression without inflicting injury is the Art of Peace.”
Morihei Ueshiba, The Art of Peace 



 “The Art of Peace is the principle of nonresistance. Because it is nonresistant it is victorious from the beginning. Those with evil intentions or contentious thoughts are instantly vanquished. The Art of Peace is invincible because it contends with nothing.”
Morihei Ueshiba, The Art of Peace


 “The Art of Peace is the religion that is not a religion; it perfects and completes all religions.”
Morihei Ueshiba, The Art of Peace




                                                      This below is a photo I took of the
                                                       computer code to a picture. I would
                                                      like something like this on my wall, but
                                                      a lot bigger! Say 5oo cm x 1metre.
                                                       May be not black on white, but other
                                                      colours! (colors for USA) Bless you
                                                      and you own version of English.

 
                                                

     Here is my beloved pooch. 
Not in computer code.
                                                             Maisy Kimble

 That is just about it for now my wonderful brothers and sisters. I am just about finished this blog which I have been composing whilst listening to

Jim Gaffigan - Mr. Universe (Full Stand Up Show) 2014 On Youtube..

Slightly incongruous for a fish on friday blog, but I am trying all ways to remain not just treading water, but plowing through the ocean waves at such a pace I just cant sink down.. UPside is to feel the feelings and those who know me will know there have been a few significant deaths in my life! So brothers and sisters, the feelings I have often been avoiding over the years are the natural ones we should expect after losing ones parents at two years old and sixteen. Then my beloved wife Tracy when I was around 34yrs. I cant be exact as her death left me with a brain injury.

Now, me and the world have been blessed with two more wonderful Kimbles who are now at high school and will then go on to achieve great things. 

 Its not all doom and gloom though as I hope you will agree from my art! Well do you? Okay if you dont.  Now I am listening to; 

jim gaffigan beyond the pale

  I recommend this as part of a holistic way to get on the right track or road to enlightenment.

Okay folks, I am laughing at this guy I told you about earlier in the blog. This one though is jim gaffigan beyond the pale; on YouTube.

Ok. This is the end of the blog, just about. 


 
 
Have a good day and remember I can be contacted; petgkimb@gmail.com Your bro Peter.

No comments: