Thursday 16 August 2012

The art of living with 18 rules

Good day my brothers and sisters. This morning I have taken my mother to a morning communion service at All Saints church Luton. We remembered today as a saints day dedicated to The Blessed
Virgin Mother Mary.

I shall now share some photos of art painted earlier, which is still wet and of course will look slightly
different when dry!








Faith does not accept limitation.
Practice compassion and forgiveness.
Have faith in our own ways, but have respect for the ways of others.

I came across the following this morning and have copied them into a notebook to save and absorb.
I am sharing them with you as I know some will, as I, be glad for any good they add to our being!

18 Rules for living

1) Take into account that great love and great achievements involve risk.

2) When you lose, dont lose the lesson.

3) Follow the three Rs:
    Respect for self.
    Respect for others.
    Responsibility for all your actions.

4) Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.

5) Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly.

6) Dont let a little dispute injure a great friendship.

7) When you realize you`ve made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.

8) Spend some time alone every day. (Be still and know I am God, is what I like to meditate.)

9) Open your arms to change, but dont let go of your values.

10) Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer. (This is one I need to practice more, as I      
       open my mouth and then regret whats said.)

11) Live a good honourable life. When you are old and think back, you will be able to enjoy it a second                  
       time in reflection.

12) A loving atmosphere in your home is the foundation for your life.

13) In disagreements with loved ones, deal only with the current situation.
      Dont bring up the past. (This is also another one I need to pay particular attention to.

14) Share your knowledge. It`s a way to achieve immortality.

15) Be gentle with the earth.

16) Once a year, go someplace you`ve never been before. ( This may not always be a physical place.)

17) The best relationship is one in which your love for each other exceeds your need for each other.

18) Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it. (For me the main thing is my own      
       will)


                      Having looked over the art I produced the previous couple of days, I wanted
                      to refrain from using some of the colours which dominated those!
                      Who knows what tomorrow will bring. Isnt this wonderful for us all.
                      We can count our blessings, pass blessings on and still end up with more.

                      Have a loving and productive day. Your brother Peter.  

No comments: