Sunday 28 December 2014

Approaching the end of this year and sharing my painting with you.

Hi there brothers and sisters and those yet to see our connection. Below are some shots of paintings I have done yesterday or the day before. I cannot say for sure, as at this moment days seem to merge  into one another in a kind of dream state...

I am told its good to feel the feelings of depression over the losses in my life. Deaths of my parents at an early age. The suicide of my first wife and subsequent brain injury. Then the loss of my sons mother - second wife - who ran off with one of our lodgers. (Looking back over this it could appear I mean my second wife died; nope we stopped being married when she decided to be with another man - that relationship {my sons mother and my ex lodger} broke up whilst my youngest son was fighting his winning battle against Leukemia!)

Painting it out is all I can find the energy to do at the moment. The housework has been neglected these last few days. Christmas may be a hard time for many of us who have lost loved ones. If this is the case with any of you then I am saying a prayer for the Almighty everlasting power of Love to hold us up and impart strength to us.




 I`m not proud for the things I`ve done in the past, but I am proud that I took the challenge as a man and faced all my problems.



Begin Each Day Anew


"Have patience with all things, but chiefly have patience with yourself. Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections but instantly set about remedying them -- every day begin the task anew."
Saint Francis de Sales




         It has been my philosophy of life that difficulties vanish when faced boldly. ~ Isaac Asimov



 Do just once what others say you can't do, and you will never pay attention to their limitations again. ~ James R. Cook


 A pearl is a beautiful thing that is produced by an injured life. It is the tear [that results] from the injury of the oyster. The treasure of our being in this world is also produced by an injured life. If we had not been wounded, if we had not been injured, then we will not produce the pearl. ~ Stephan Hoeller


         Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it. ~ Helen Keller


 In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer. ~ Albert Camus


 Issue a blanket pardon. Forgive everyone who has ever hurt you in any way. Forgiveness is a perfectly selfish act. It sets you free from the past. ~ Brian Tracey   ( I would have to add to this - as its something I find hard to do - forgive our self also. Peter. )


              Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. ~ Confucius.

Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible. ~ St. Francis of Assisi  ( some of you who have visited my blogs regularly, may have seen some quotes posted before. This is because they are ones I find work for me!) 



Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved. ~ Helen Keller

A gem cannot be polished without friction, nor a man perfected without trials. ~ Chinese Proverb

Stress is a good thing and can only make us stronger. Its distress than can break us and tear us apart. Me.


Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget about everything except what you're going to do now - and do it. ~ William Durant



Depression is a prison where you are both the suffering prisoner and the cruel jailer.~ Dorothy Rowe




The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can change his life by changing his attitude of mind. ~ William James

We are near to the new year and I must share with you that there are times I was not sure I would make it..
Once or twice I came close to dying, but thankfully made it through them. You all have a blessed new year and please those of you who pray or even think positive thoughts towards others, then I ask you to remember me..

I really want to be strong for my two teenage sons, as this is a difficult time of life for them!

Blessings love and peace to you and all both created and uncreated.
Your brother Peter.  Ps. I welcome mail from any of you including art. Please send to petgkimb@gmail.com

 Fin

No comments: