Tuesday 3 February 2015

Blessings peace and love to you and all there is, was and shall be.

Good day to you my wonderful brothers and sisters.  Today I am sharing some art I have been working on over this past week. Due to lack of funds and yet a plethora of already painted works stacking up all over the place, I decided to cut up those ones which I was not entirely happy with and stick anew! Here follows such `peaces`: I am trying to overcome depression by seeking to experience it and not avoid it as I have often done in the past by dulling the feelings with drink.

I know the negative route has been followed by an assortment of different artists and has even gone down the even darker roads have been well trodden by those such as Richard Dadd and William Burroughs. 



It is not enough to to say to myself, that I must keep going for the sake of my teenage sons. It did work one night in the Philippines as I swam out to sea not knowing if I would reach the point where I would not be able to return to the baby boy and the two year old. I turned back as I couldn't be sure they would be better of with me dead! 



 Some people worry that if the addiction or depression goes away, the creativity goes away too. Not true. When your spirit is no longer weighed down with these distractions, you are finally able to find your authentic self. Nina Allen Freeman






                        Above was done using a new sheet of paper for the base & below one already painted.


There are two dangers in choosing a friend for support rather than a psychologist. I call them the container effect and the birds of a feather effect. Dr John Grohol   

( I myself have found the truth I get from sessions with an art therapist is more healing than one who befriends me only to share his own misery dressed as martyrdom and to "borrow" money for his heroin addiction. ). P G Kimble



Depression needs to lift and clutter needs to disband. Even these two elements serve a purpose in the path to a new piece of work. Clutter meets clutter, and creates a spark. In the lull of a dark cloud and sedate thought, images come. Gail Griffiths 


To have gone to all this trouble to get to this is just too stupid! Outside there's brilliant sunshine but I don't feel up to looking at it... Claude Monet. 




Yes, I am able just to focus on this one day and not drink myself into a tragic death. Stay a teetotaller this day but not make a promise for the morrow. I can be content this moment to be here in my apartment and hear my dog biting on her nails. This does lift the sides of my mouth into a smile. 
There is hope I will be well enough one day for a wonderful women to discover me; an energetic, joyful passionate artist/father of two wonderful grown up men. Without dreams; I am told madness will inevitably ensue. 
Not here, and not on my watch!  P G Kimble 
     




Passion is the force that springs an artist from the needling cushion of depression. Robert Genn. 



In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer. Albert Camus. 



I've learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow. 
Maya Angelou.


This is the end of todays blog. So my beloved, go in peace in the knowledge that I lifted myself up from the depressed state of desiring oblivion, to make some art and share pictures of what I have been creating over the last few days with you.

As always I am welcome and open to an agent or boy/girl Friday, to sell my art for me, or just hang out on the internet, or in the world. petgkimb@gmail.com 

  Your brother of Christ, St Albans and 
St Jude, Peter G Kimble... 

No comments: