Saturday 20 June 2015


Good day brothers and sisters.
Yesterday my elder sister, Viv Scone and Kate Rothwell the art therapist and myself went to see an art exhibition in London where some of my work was on show.
Unfortunately as I tried to load my own and others artwork onto the blog, I accidently deleted it from the camera!

So brothers and sisters I cannot share any of the art from yesterday. Here below is something I found on the internet and found humourous. Hope you like it and will bare with me and wait another day or so for pics of recent art. Alas I am unable to go back to london and take another lot from the show we attended last night!
  



LOVE IS BLIND
Yet also, love is a many splendid thing.
Lastly - and obviously firstly also - God is love. 



Love is blind

Origin

This expression is first found in Chaucer's Merchant's Tale, circa 1405:
For loue is blynd alday and may nat see. (notice how words have changed in their spelling over the years. I was looking at some gravestones yesterday and saw this to be true!)
It didn't at that stage become a commonly used phrase and isn't seen again in print until Shakespeare took it up. It became quite a favourite line of his and appears in several of his plays, including Two Gentlemen of Verona, Henry V and this example from The Merchant Of Venice, 1596:
JESSICA: Here, catch this casket; it is worth the pains.
I am glad 'tis night, you do not look on me,
For I am much ashamed of my exchange:
But love is blind and lovers cannot see
The pretty follies that themselves commit;
For if they could, Cupid himself would blush
To see me thus transformed to a boy.
Modern-day research supports the view that the blindness of love is not just a figurative matter. A research study in 2004 by University College London found that feelings of love suppressed the activity of the areas of the brain that control critical thought.
Of course, we should all take note of J Mason Brewer's advice in Worser Days and Better Times, 1965 (which is described as a 'collection of negro humour'):
I don't make love by the garden gate,
For love is blind, but the neighbors ain't.


                                          I will share some old shots of my work. This is a
                                          sorry compensation for the pictures I accidently
                                          deleted, but I am at a loss to do otherwise. Sorry.






Have a good day and pass this on, as you are so loved and should come to fully realise this love and think good thoughts, speak good words and do good works. Your brother, Peter.   

No comments: