Saturday 17 October 2015

Saturday 17th October. Harry Alan O Kimble 15.8.2000 - 17.10.2015 Using art to convey My loss and grief.

I started this labyrinth below, whilst Harry though very ill was still much alive. It has taken weeks to complete, as has Harry`s leaving us, to move on to Heaven.  

Below the labyrinth are shots of my paintings that may convey a man's grief at the prospect and then eventual loss of his teenage son.

My elder sister has just firmly told my that I cant ever sell this work and has said where its going to be hung, here in my humble living room. Would I continue to take any notice if discovered as an artist and offered silly money for this work? Yes, as this work, along with spiritual exercises, has got me through the toughest time of my life.  Yet I must beware, that this has only just started! There may be many dark nights of the soul ahead. 
   

                                My paintings cut into little shapes and stuck on a canvas.













Ye have lost a child -- nay, he is not lost to us, who is found to Christ; he is not sent away, but only sent before; like unto a star, which going out of our sight, doth not die and vanish, but shineth in another hemisphere.

 Rejoice that Harry Alan Kimble is in Heaven.




One day, a son asked his father, "Why is it always the best people who die?"
The father answered, "Son, if you are in a meadow, which flowers do you pick? The worst ones or the best?"




                 There is no footprint too small to leave an imprint on this world.






 Let your children be as so many flowers, borrowed from God. If the flowers die or wither, thank God for a summer loan of them.



 When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die… the world cries and you rejoice.












The Bible, Matthew 19:14
But Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me and do not try to stop them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."


 My beloved Harry. Our loss is but Heaven's gain. Your brief life,- as your brother`s still is with me here  - Wow, too hard to properly convey what an enormous inspiration and lesson you have both been in teaching me the true meaning of tough love. 
 You taught me so much more than many a father could dream of learning from their sons.
 Your death Harry, has been not a curse to earth, but a blessing to heaven.
Thank you.  Thank you.  Thank you, for sharing your such precious short years with those of us whom you chose. 
I for one am so grateful to you Harry.
 We have been blessed by a saint. May Jesus Christ welcome you to eat at His table. 

 Your body could only tolerate those ice pops which were all you could eat the last few days of your life; so you truly deserve a banquet in Heaven my son.    


Good bye Harry, my beloved son and brother of Joshua. Angels have guided you and you are now at rest and in the peace and the love of God in Heaven. 
 Your loving father, Peter.

No comments: