Sunday 7 October 2012

Sunday afternoon.

Good day to you. It is now quiet here. Outside there is noise. A plane can be heard overhead. Two clocks can be heard ticking inside this room. Here though now all is quiet. The peace is not to be found in worldly things. Yet it is only through the world (or word!) that we will find the peace.

Many do not even notice the noise in their minds. They mask it with music, or conversation so as to avoid listening to that which has accumulated over the years. One of the best ways I have found apart from meditation and prayer is art. 

For some, who are blessed with the gift of music, they can lose their self in their playing. The ego will disappear as melody becomes real to them.

Here I will share painting which for me today has done the job of quieting the babble of the mind.

But first a picture of a colourful treat I made for my son.





                    Todays picture above is as yet untitled.                          



                  These two are variations on a theme.               



                      I bid you all a good day my brothers and sisters and a good week.
                         Know that you are loved. Peter.

No comments: