Friday 21 March 2014

Fish on Friday includes a prayer from St Patrick.

Good day my brothers and sisters and welcome to my blog..

   I arise today to share this prayer below attributed to St Patrick and yet when we say, `I no longer live yet Christ lives in me, then it becomes our own one, or oneness.`

I arise today 
Through a mighty strength, the invocation of the Trinity,
Through belief in the Threeness,
Through confession of the Oneness
of the Creator of creation.
I arise today
Through the strength of Christ’s birth with His baptism,
Through the strength of His crucifixion with His burial,
Through the strength of His resurrection with His ascension,
Through the strength of His descent for the judgment of doom.
I arise today
Through the strength of the love of cherubim,
In the obedience of angels,
In the service of archangels,
In the hope of resurrection to meet with reward,
In the prayers of patriarchs,
In the predictions of prophets,
In the preaching of apostles,
In the faith of confessors,
In the innocence of holy virgins,
In the deeds of righteous men.
I arise today, through
The strength of heaven,
The light of the sun,
The radiance of the moon,
The splendor of fire,
The speed of lightning,
The swiftness of wind,
The depth of the sea,
The stability of the earth,
The firmness of rock.
I arise today, through
God’s strength to pilot me,
God’s might to uphold me,
God’s wisdom to guide me,
God’s eye to look before me,
God’s ear to hear me,
God’s word to speak for me,
God’s hand to guard me,
God’s shield to protect me,
God’s host to save me
From snares of devils,
From temptation of vices,
From everyone who shall wish me ill,
afar and near.
I summon today
All these powers between me and those evils,
Against every cruel and merciless power
that may oppose my body and soul,
Against incantations of false prophets,
Against black laws of pagandom,
Against false laws of heretics,
Against craft of idolatry,
Against spells of witches and smiths and wizards,
Against every knowledge that corrupts man's body and soul;
Christ to shield me today
Against poison, against burning,
Against drowning, against wounding,
So that there may come to me an abundance of reward.
Christ with me,
Christ before me,
Christ behind me,
Christ in me,
Christ beneath me,
Christ above me,
Christ on my right,
Christ on my left,
Christ when I lie down,
Christ when I sit down,
Christ when I arise,
Christ in the heart of every man who thinks of me,
Christ in the mouth of everyone who speaks of me,
Christ in every eye that sees me,
Christ in every ear that hears me.
I arise today
Through a mighty strength, the invocation of the Trinity,
Through belief in the Threeness,
Through confession of the Oneness
of the Creator of creation.

                                   So my brothers and sisters; below are the
                                  two paintings created by me for us yesterday.
                                 Okay, I must say in deference to my elder sister
                                 Viv and to keep inline with my reputation for
                                  being pedantic, that below are actually only                                                               images of the two paintings created yeterday,
                                 just as I am only an image of God, although I
                                 no longer live, yet Christ lives in me.    
 
    Please can I ask you to continue praying for my son Harry to be cured of cancer. If this is Gods will. For why should perhaps God not want to take Harry to Heaven for eternal life before he has had decades of struggle and triumphs here first. He is the boss of my now and mine is not to reason why, but to pray I can have my selfish way on this one and have him with us for decades after even I am passed to the beyond! 

                                            So here I am above  a consciousness resting in a shot.



 Jesus: If anyone strikes you on the cheek, offer the other also.
Buddha: If anyone should give you a blow with his hand, with a stick, or with a knife, you should abandon any desires and utter no evil words. - 



 Jesus: Why do you see the speck in your neighbor’s eye, but do not notice the log in your own eye? Or how can you say to your neighbor, “Friend, let me take the speck out of your eye,” when you yourself do not see the log in your own eye? You, hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your neighbor’s eye.
Buddha: The faults of others are easier to see than one’s own; the faults of others are easily seen, for they are sifted like chaff, but one’s own faults are hard to see. This is like the cheat who hides his dice and shows the dice of his opponent, calling attention to the other’s shortcomings, continually thinking of accusing him. -


 Jesus: Your father in heaven makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the righteous and on the unrighteous.
Buddha: The great cloud rains down on all whether their nature is superior or inferior. The light of the sun and the moon illuminates the whole world, both him who does well and him who does ill, both him who stands high and him who stands low. - See more at: http://tomstine.com/jesus-and-buddha-parallel-sayings


 Jesus: He said to them, “When I sent you out without a purse, bag, or sandals, did you lack anything?” They said, “No, not a thing.”
Buddha: Then the Lord addressed the monks, saying: “I am freed from all snares. And you, monks, you are freed from all snares.”


 Jesus: The kingdom of heaven is like a treasure hidden in a field, which someone found and hid; then in his joy he goes and sells all that he has and buys that field.
Buddha: If by giving up limited pleasures one sees far-reaching happiness, the wise one leaves aside limited pleasures, looking to far-reaching happiness.


 Jesus: Those who want to save their life will lose it, and those who lose their life for my sake will save it.
Buddha: With the relinquishing of all thought and egotism, the enlightened one is liberated through not clinging. - See more at: http://tomstine.com/jesus-and-buddha-parallel-sayings/#sthash.4d0yVlXk.dpuf

 I believe just as we can compare different sayings from say the King James Bible and the NIV and gain understanding, then so to can we look at wisdom from all faiths..
 

When I say look at wisdom then this should be taken in the widest sense. For some have eyes but see not!









                                                             OUT DEMONS OUT





                      Have a good day my brothers and sisters. Please pass this on and if anyone wishes
                      to contact me then please do so at petgkimb@gmail.com  why not go outside now, take a picture and send it to me. Unless my brothers and sisters, you state otherwise then I may share it here!
Anonymous if requested.

                                                              fin

No comments: