Wednesday 5 March 2014

Its a wonderful day. The sun is shining. Today both my sons are alive, albeit one is in hospital in a battle against cancer. Art is my weapon against negative thoughts and emotions. Blessings and love to you.

Without much ado my amazing brothers and sisters who are here taking in this blog of ours, I shall share the photos of my latest painting which is my creative reaction to the way things are, in order to believe they can only get better.

So here are the many photos from one days painting painting two pictures to share here with you my beloved.

Accompanied by quotes from others, whom I havent named, as they are you and me and everyman/everywoman.


 “Today we fight. Tomorrow we fight. The day after, we fight. And if this disease plans on whipping us, it better bring a lunch, 'cause it's gonna have a long day doing it.”


                                        “If you say you can or you can't you are right either way”


                                      “You can see a person's whole life in the cancer they get.”


 “Cancer. The word meant the same to me as tsunami or piranha. I had never seen them; I wasn't even quite sure what they were, but I knew they were bad and I knew in many cases they were deadly.”


 “It's like they say about soldiers coming back from war. People all around you are dying. Really dying, Eric. You go in for a week's chemotherapy and you're in a ward with people who are really, actually dying, there and then and doing their best to come to terms with it. When the week's up, you go home and you see your family and your friends and everything's normal and familiar. It's too much. You think - one world can't possibly hold both these lives and you feel like you're going to go crazy when you realise the world is that big and it can fill with the most terrible things whenever it wants to.”



 “This is the story of how Dad lived with his lung cancer. But it is much more. Through his illness and the miracles we experienced, I came to see that Dad's was not just a journey. It was a journey home. Home to God. ”



       “Absence is a house so vast that inside you will pass through its walls and hang pictures on the air.”



 “PRAISE FOR 'THE JOURNEY HOME'
Many saints are known and praised by all. We pray to them in litanies and celebrate their feast days. But the vast majority of holy men and women live heroic lives quietly before God.

Bless you Harry my son.

                                            “Cure the symptoms, cure the disease.” Amen.


 All I have to offer is this: i hold a valid driver's license and I know the way to the hospital. I can hang curtains, flip a mattress, load a dishwasher. I can deliver a pizza, lend a steadying arm, laugh at a morbid joke and compliment a bad wig and I know the metric system. I doubt that's gonna be enough, so I will learn to pray harder and longer”
   

                                        “Our tainted world looms within us, every one.”


“You need to spend time crawling alone through shadows to truly appreciate what it is to stand in the sun.” 


 “One might say my life has been tragic. Yet, as I sat in pain in the hospital I raised my tired hands toward the sky, palms facing in, fingers spread, and I gave thanks.”


  “When you walk this earth on borrowed time, each day on the calendar is a beloved friend you know for only a short time.”


                                   “Cancer - a more or less permanent traffic jam in the body.”


                                                  “Beauty is sometimes born of pain”


 “Cancer is a shit that needs to get the crap smacked out of it. I intend to stand on the front lines with a big-ass bat.”
  


 “Why can someone
get so sick that the only way to get better is to make them more sick?
It’s like the world’s longest exorcism. It doesn’t make sense that I can
chat with someone live on a tiny screen, that governments spend billions
of dollars on war and mayhem, that actors make millions of dollars
to just look pretty and skinny, yet no one can fucking fi gure out
how to cure cancer without torturing people.”
Julie Halpern, The F- It List 



                        “In God's strength I could battle the giants. Alone, I was just a grasshopper.”


 “People take ownership of sickness and disease by saying things like MY brain injury MY diabetes, MY heart disease, MY depression, MY! MY! MY! Don't own it because it doesn't belong to you!”
  

                                     “God, who knows me by name, is right next to me.”




                                      “What issues sidetrack you from your mission to get well?” 


           

             "What Cancer Cannot Do"
                   Cancer is so limited...
                   It cannot cripple love
                   It cannot shatter hope
                   It cannot corrode faith
                   It cannot destroy peace
                   It cannot kill friendship
                   It cannot suppress memories
                   It cannot silence courage
                   It cannot invade the soul
                   It cannot steal eternal life
                   It cannot conquer the spirit
                   It cannot be one with God.

  This my brothers and sisters is the end of todays blog, but just the start of the fight to see Harry O`Kimble once again fit and well. Back to his boxing in the gym and serving the priest at the alter in church.  Till the next blog this is me saying, be careful out there and please remember us; especially Harry, in your prayers.
Your bro Peter... 

No comments: