Thursday 6 March 2014

Using painting to get through the day in a healthy and productive way.

High there my brothers and sisters, or high here as this is where we are...

I am using art and this blog to help me with prayer and positive thoughts, get through the day aware that my youngest son is in a battle for his life against Acute Myeloid Leukaemia.

Trying to get solace from a bottle of vodka wont cut it.
 
My son may need some bone marrow transplants or whatever they call it.. He is a tough little fellow and we are counting on him being in the 70% or so that survive this dreadful affliction.

Before I share anymore personal information of my being strong to be there for my ex wife and two sons, I shall share the images I have created with paint, paper and the mirror image function on the camera, to deal with the need to let out frustration, sorrow and heartache. To let in hope, perseverance and love.

If there is anyone out there who feels able to reach out and be my Epal then please let me know at `petgkimb@gmail.com`...  




Pommery Champagne Pop Pink Rose mini bottles (buy from Amazon)- perfect for thank you gifts for the "she's about to pop" baby shower theme!



never give up

                                word.


                         They have my skin color too!  It's always nice to be included.  Posted to reddit by I_only_date_cats
                          My sons are to the left of me, being half filipino. 


                        .


                               .


                   .

 Some things we never get over - the best we can do is "get through." but it still can be beautiful on the other side!


 Love this



 


 



                       “The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials.”


  
“The greater the difficulty, the more glory in surmounting it. Skillful pilots gain their reputation from storms and tempests.” – Epicetus


 “Obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.” – Michael Jordan


     Sometimes we need to find a moment to be alone in stillness and wait for the courage and strength to
      carry us through the battle to victory. P G Kimble.


 “Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.”Thich Nhat Hanh

    . Tough times never last, but tough people do.  - Robert H Schuller


                       I ask not for a lighter burden, but for broader shoulders. – Jewish Proverb




 “Never let your head hang down. Never give up and sit down and grieve. Find another way. And don’t pray when it rains if you don’t pray when the sun shines.” – Leroy Satchel Paige


 “I learned there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead, others come from behind. But I’ve bought a big bat. I’m all ready, you see. Now my troubles are going to have trouble with me.” – Dr. Seuss


 “Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day, saying, “I will try again tomorrow.” – Mary Anne Radmacher


               “Believe that life is worth living and your belief will help create the fact.” – William James


                “It doesn’t matter how slow you go, as long as you don’t stop.” – Confucius


                 The bravest sight in the world is to see a great man struggling against adversity.  –Seneca


 “I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars.” – Og Mandino

As we get the last picture you can be assured that I will do all I can to be here tomorrow. Creative and loving all creation.. Yeah of course that includes you.. Infact the universe would not be the same and would be lacking without you. 



Fin

No comments: