Friday 2 January 2015

A brand new start.







This is Peter G Kimble letting you know we can start anew every day and moment.
A brand new start.
How many times can we begin again? The possibilities seem endless. But, even with the permission to begin anew, some of us feel the anguish of past mistakes, regrets for what we may have (or may have not) done,  or are blistered with disappointment as we take stock of our lives.
I understand the need to reflect on our pasts. Reflection is okay, but I recently saw this:

Identity, new year, light
Image courtesy of www.mooreminutes.com

 
I think it’s sage advice. And, don’t go flogging yourself with the “social measuring stick” either. Your path is uniquely yours, holding the mystery and gifts that are close to your heart. Just because you may not know your purpose, or recognize your gifts, it doesn’t mean they aren’t there. How will you find them when you’re carrying more bags than The Beverly Hillbillies?
May I suggest we reflect on previous years in the spirit of gratitude – even gratitude for the lessons (yes, just gut-up your grown up britches and be THAT gracious). As I get older, I realize the baggage we drag behind us can be heavy and exhausting. For what? They say if you haven’t used something in the last 12 months you should get rid of it, donate it. So, what does it matter what I did “wrong” 15 years ago?  Last year? I’ve done plenty “wrong” and, believe me, I’ve enjoyed some of it…but it doesn’t define me, instead it informs me.

How about the way we hold onto “wrongs” done to us? We relive the hurt and wish for retribution (or is that just me?). It’s probably long forgotten in the mind of the perpetrator. I’m going to unpack those bags, take all those light-weight little jewels we call “lessons” and tuck them in a little box in my pocket. I’m moving forward with the knowledge that I’ve done my best, made amends as needed, and move on. Care to join me? Oh and I dont know who wrote all the above as I just think it helps me follow the right path and so share it with you my beloved brothers and sisters. Your brother in Christ, Peter G Kimble.

 Ps, as always you can email me at petgkimb@gmail.com

No comments: