Tuesday 13 March 2012

Christ is Krsna and Krsna is Christ.

The title of today's blog is also the title of a song on Youtube which I like.

Krsna consciousness>Christ consciousness

Also I am not alone in the belief that an almighty God who can create the universe, can also reveal Himself in a myriad of ways and in different times and places.

According to Swami A. C. Bhaktivendanta
Founder of International Society for Krishna Consciousness. "Sometimes Indians both inside and outside of India think that we are preaching the Hindu religion. In fact, however, Krsna consciousness is in no way a faith or religion that seeks to defeat other faiths or religions. Rather, it is an essential cultural movement for the entire human society and does not consider any particular sectarian religion. No. We are simply preaching how to love God... We are giving a spiritual culture that can solve all the problems of life, and therefore it is being accepted all over the world."  

Now my brothers and sisters, I was born into the Christian faith and although I had doubts as a youngster that there is a God and went on in my twenties to study Buddhism, I can now say catagorically     without a shadow of a doubt that there are many paths to enlightenment and I am choosing to walk along  with many different saints, following Jesus! I dont deny the little Buddha in me when I climb over a wall to explore new ground. When Jesus came and dwelt among us, he said that however we treat the least of people we treat him. So for me no one is untouchable or unworthy of love. I cannot judge others as that would be declaring I was almighty and all knowing. God in fact. Where as if I deny myself and say along with one of my Lords first disciples, `I no longer live, yet Christ lives in me` and also `those who claim to live in Him should walk as Jesus did; then I shall now be walking down the right road with a right destination in view!
So now I surrender my self and ask God to destroy my ego, as this is what separates me  from Him. God says I have to be open for Him to do this. I surrender, I give in and say, `please my Lord take out all selfishness from me and fill me with Your almighty Love. Amen and Om.  

O yes my wonderful brothers and sisters, I must go now, but before I go I shall share this thought which I have for my own well being. We should be very careful of half-baked enlightenment, and especially of taking pride in our enlightenment.

Have a good day and know we are all loved. Your brother Peter    

No comments: