Wednesday 28 March 2012

Wednesday 28th March 2012 Peace and Love

Top picture. I like the way that although a bit stained, this foolscap paper which I copied stuff which I like to be reminded of, is obscured from us reading what is away from us.
Yet for you, here is a bit from the other side!

Metaphysics, branch of philosophy concerned with being and knowing. ( This gave me the realisation that one of the many hats I wear is that of a Metaphysician. I doubt if you will find me in the dictionary and thats the point.)

Next down is shadow me sitting Buddha like on a table balance upon an elephant.  Oh no, I remember now its me sitting cross legged on a litter bin with the Buster walking past.




Good day my brothers and sisters. I trust that this blog finds you in good spirits. If not then I ask for peace and love to come from the universe around you and abound within you.  The picture directly above, is a gentle and calm, meditative shadow me. Centred and unconcerned by the large blockhead shadow at  the edge.
Next up. My shadow mingling with a tree. The tree trying to get a bit mouthy.
Up from that a silhouette of my head and shoulders.
Next come two of shadow me and the Buster.

                   ************************************************************************


The cloud of unknowing.                        Chapter 65: Salvation (very essential to me)
 And so I realised that a man or woman who deliberately chooses God in this life out of love for him can be sure that they themselves are loved extremely. This endless love is activated by grace within the soul, for God wants us to be confident in our hope for heaven during this life and once we are there we shall be quite secure. The more pleasure and joy we have in this confidence, the better he likes it, as the revelations show, provided it is informed by a proper reverence and humility. The reverence I mean is a holy fear of our Lord that does not take him for granted and is linked to humility. The reverence I mean is a holy fear of our Lord that does not take him for granted and is linked to humility, whereby a creature sees the astonishing greatness of God and its own astonishing littleness. The people who are loved by God possess these virtues for all eternity. They can also be seen and experienced in this life too when the gracious presence of our Lord makes itself felt. We should yearn for this gracious presence of our Lord in all things more than anything isle because it produces a marvellous confidence in true faith and sure hope and a sweet, delightful fear because of his great charity. (I like that turn of phrase; a sweet, delightful fear!) 
  It is Gods will that I see myself to be as much beholden to him in love as if he had done everything just  for me. This should be the interior attitude of every soul towards its lover. The charity of God created such a unity that, when it is seen correctly, nobody can separate himself from anybody else. This is the way that our soul can think that God has done everything for it alone.
  God revealed this to make us love him and fear only him. For he wants us to realise that the whole power of our enemy has been taken into the hand of our Friend, and therefore the soul that is confident of this will not be afraid of anyone but the One he loves. It ascribes any other fear to our emotions, to physical illness and fantasy. And therefore even if we are in much pain, sorrow and distress that we seem unable to think of anything but the trouble we are in, we should pass over it lightly as soon as we can and regard it as nothing. Why? Because it is God`s will that we know him and if we know him, love him and fear him reverently, we will have peace and great rest and every-thing he does to please us. Our Lord revealed this to me when he said, `Why shold it grieve you to suffer for a while, since it is my will and for my glory?
   
                   **************************************************************************
I am off done the town now to see if I can get a charger to work with my new phone, as its got no power and cant be used. Does this cause me any concern, what do you think?  I shall be walking with more concern for my prayer and ability to let Jesus look out through my eyes and we can share our thoughts and feelings on all we behold.
                               Blessings to you all from your brother Peter  

No comments: