Friday 17 August 2012

Fish on Friday IN DARKNESS

Good day my brothers and sisters. Peace, love and blessings to you all.

                                                                                                 
                                                   These are two photos of my latest work.
                                                   

I am late getting to do today's blog as after taking my mother shopping this morning, I took my ex-wife and our boys shopping and then brought one of my sons home and we watched a film called `IN DARKNESS`we bought in ASDA. ..based on a true world war 2 story it was indeed a true story of courage and humanity. I said to my son, "look you see, that guy was a hero and he was a sewage worker. Okay thought I, some great people are from important families, like the Buddha was and he forsake money for enlightenment.
Jesus though was conceived by an unmarried woman and had a carpenter for a stepfather!

August 18th will be a day I ask us to celebrate;

 ST FLORUS AND ST LAURUS

  Twin brothers from Constantinople, stone-workers by profession, they suffered martyrdom in the early fourth century, More particularly in the Russian Church, they are regarded as the patron saints of animals.

Abba Pal said, `If a man acquires purity, all things are subject to him, as they were to Adam in paradise, before he transgressed the commandment.`
                                                                   THE SAYINGS OF THE DESERT FATHERS

The humble man approaches the beasts of prey, and as soon as they see him their wildness is tamed. They come up to him and follow him as their master, wagging their tails and licking his hands and feet. For they smell on him the smell that Adam had before the Fall, when the animals gathered before him in paradise and he gave them their names.
                                                                 ST ISAAC THE SYRIAN

It is also worth considering whether man, at his first coming into the world, had not already a redemptive function to perform. Man, even now, can do wonders to animals: my cat and dog live together in my house and seem to like it. It may have been one of man`s functions to restore peace to the animal world, and if he had not joined the enemy he might have succeeded in doing so to an extent now hardly imaginable.
  Man is to be understood only in his relation to God. The beasts are to be understood only in their relation to man and, through man, to God. The tame animal is therefore, in the deepest sense, the only `natural` animals.
                                                                C. S. LEWIS

Now here is another photo of my latest artwork.    


 Have a good weekend and know that you are loved.
Your brother Peter.

No comments: