Monday 10 September 2012

September brings us to summers end here in England.

Greetings to you all. This morning, I got up and took some pictures of the painting done yesterday, to put on this blog. I had already done meditation and prayer. Looking in the diary to see I have a free day, I thought it would be nice to spend many hours just sitting in stillness and being free of thoughts.

Then mum rang, God bless her.
  She wants me to take her to buy a Henry vacuum cleaner. No good me saying, "mum can I take you tomorrow, as I want to be sitting in solitude and silence today." Nope, that wouldnt have cut the mustard, so like all the best laid plans of mice and men, it will be shifted on to this afternoon.

Was thinking of my elder sister Viv, who with her partner Di, moved  up to Sheffield some years ago. So for them (and of course for you.) 
Is the following.

                          CREATION
                     Nobbut God
First on, there was nobbut God.
Genesis 1.1 (Yorkshire translation)

First on
There was silence.
And God said:
`Let there be clatter.`

The wind, unclenching,
Runs its thumbs 
Along dry bristles of Yorkshire Fog.

The mountain ousel
Oboes its one note.

After rain
Water lobelia
Drips like a tap
On the tarn`s tight surface-tension.

But louder,
And every second nearer,
Like chain explosions
From furthest nebulae
Light-yearing across space:
The thudding of my own blood.

`It`s nobbut me,`
Says God.
                         NORMAN NICHOLSON.


Well my brothers and sisters, if I am going to have a cup of coffee before going and driving mum to buy her new vacuum cleaner I had better get off now.      
Trusting that this finds you all in good spirits and leaving my peace and the peace of God to you all (& Sundry, mustnt forget Sundry.)
You bro Peter. (the patient, today.)

No comments: