Monday 17 September 2012

Photos of my painting with words from others.

Good day. 
Love, peace and blessings to you
and all beings. 


This I painted yesterday for you.


The pulse of prayer is praise. The heart of prayer is gratitude. The voice of prayer is obedience. The arm of prayer is service.
William Arthur Ward

When I pray, coincidences begin to happen. When I stop praying, the coincidences stop happening.
William Temple


Prayer does not change God, but it changes him who prays.
Soren Kierkegaard


`Prayer is request. The essence of request . . . is that it may or may not be granted. And if an infinitely wise Being listens to the requests of finite and foolish creatures, of course he will sometimes grant and sometimes refuse them.`
C.S.Lewis


`Beware in your prayers . . . of limiting God, not only by unbelief, but by fancying that you know what he can do. Expect unexpected things "above all that we ask or think".`
Andrew Murray (The Crucified One is worth listening to on You Tube.)



`For the first two or three years after my conversion, I used to ask for specific things. Now I ask for God. . . So ask not for gifts but for the Giver of gifts: not for life but for the Giver of life - then life and the things needed for life will be added unto you.`
Sadhu Sundar Singh



`In much of our prayer we are saying, "Lord, take me out of my circumstances and put me in better ones." It would be more appropriate if we prayed, "Lord, join me in my circumstances and use me as a means of their transformation." `
David Marshall


                                                       Can you see the cross! Take it up.

`Heaven is within speaking distance of those who belong there.`
Dwight L. Moody


`The Spirit helps us in our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we ought, but that very Spirit intercedes with sighs too deep for words.`
Paul, Romans 8:26, 27, NRSV

I am hoping for a quiet peaceful day of reflection, prayer and relaxation, but of course I have to temper that with the saying, `not my will, but thine be done.`  So will also be eager to please my mother if she rings and requests my service.

Blessings love and peace to you and all beings.

Your brother, Peter.

No comments: