Saturday 20 October 2012

A day unlike any other!

It is really Sunday now, no matter what the website tells you!

 Peace and love to all beings.

 Peace and love to all beings.

 Peace and love to all beings.


 Peace and love to all beings.

Is it getting though to us yet? This does not mean just family, friends and people we like.

When it comes to other species, this does not mean I only like animals that look cute, or taste nice!  


                            BEWARE or
                             BE AWARE

God loves all His creation. Yep me also, (He loves me and I love all His creation,) unfortunately my forefathers wiped out some, like the Dodo and now I can feel the loss. Too right also. This should make me sit up and notice how much I am doing to contribute to putting things right. 
When mankind first arrived on this earth, most of the continents where uninhabited. Africa only was the garden of Eden

Now, how to explain things to our little children.
We may try explaining mans development into `greatness` to them in terms of how we progressed in tool making from making an flint axe to cut down trees for making shelter and burning the wood to keep warm as we moved to colder lands. Then we cut more down as we learnt to grow crops and settle in one place. Until we became too many for that land to sustain and some broke away to look for a more promising land!
Of course we had to protect ourselves from raiders from outside who may come and take our harvest, or anything of value. Be it precious metals or jewels. Young men, to be enslaved in hard labour. Young women to be ravished. (I don't know how much ravishing of young maidens the vikings done when they come over here to Britania, nor those after, like the Romans. Now its the Capitalists. These are clever and have learnt from the Roman strategy of conquering a people and then getting them to adopt the Roman emperor and a new way of life.
So many now accept countries sending missiles into each other as a good thing. 
Being able to do hardly a thing, except say let them eat cake, when we are told thousands are dying of starvation in sub-Saharan Africa, because their stable crops have failed again because of drought.
We may not feel its anything to do with us, as we drive to a supermarket and fill up our big car with bags of groceries, some of which we wont get to consume and will throw away.

If, just if there is a God and one day He asks us.
"When I was hungry did you feed me?" "When the multi national corporation was moving me from my ancestral home, to strip mine, or grow bio fuels, did you intervene?" When governments where raising taxes and war funds to send your young men to die at the front; did you go along as even many Christians did?
(for some time Joshua has been saying that he wants to go in the army, when he is old enough. Well today he is going to church and at some point I shall have to address if its the right church, or is the Church of England, just this nations state church and not Gods true church!)   Or did you, as some Christian Quakers did, stand against killing and go to prison, branded as cowards and traitors.  Those masses that are like sheep and are easily 
shepherded, by whoever is in control are not hard to stir up when putting the blame on someone else. They were present at my Lords trial, shouting "crucify Him." 
A voice speaks out, `He is one of the followers of the Galilean.` I bow my head down and lose myself in the crowd.

Well, today I have been found wanting, yet because of Gods mercy I shall be going to share in the last supper. The body and blood of Christ, Jesus, my hope and salvation.

Tomorrow more may be demanded from me and I shall give this and more. 

Yet for now, tomorrow can care for itself and I will concern my duties to the present. What a gift it is today.

May God bless us all.

I had wanted this blog to be more upbeat, but it has to be what it is. Maybe thats what I get for waking up in the middle of a bad dream - at three thirty am -  where I am given the choice which of my sons is to be sacrificed! I know that I no longer want to have the ones where I am with my dream woman, but come on. I mean really. Next thing you know I shall dream I am being hounded for being a follower of The Way. So be it!

Its now 5.20am on sunday morning and so I shall wind this up now and get a little more rest. 

May the love and fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with us all. May we unite in this love.
 
Your brother, 
Peter.                          
    

No comments: