Friday 26 October 2012

Fish on Friday : Love and blessings be with you now and always.



Good day my brothers and sisters. This is a photo I took whilst on the way to my art therapy session with Kate Rothwell, in Redbourne. Hertfordshire. I was interested in the shapes and space of light and dark, as well as the lines made by the twigs.

Below is the painting I have just completed, using the above photo for inspiration. I trust that you can appreciate it as I do! Also as I appreciate the tree for its presence in this wonderful world and you also for now being present here at my blog. Thank you.





A lot of today's session was spent, with Kate telling me about the talk we are giving on Sat 8th Dec 2012 at the Saturday forensic forum in Hampstead, London, England. What work we shall show and how the structure of the talk will go.
I still have to have make some postcard size cards to hand out. I shall print out the relevant details on the back of A4 cards, along with a quote by me and, or another artist . Do a painting on the front. Then when dry cut them into fours. This way, everyone attending will get an original `peace` of my artwork!

There has been a lot of interest, but we dont know how many people are coming.

                                   *****************************************************

Fish on Friday

Holy desire

Written in the second half of the fourteenth century by and unknown author,
believed to have been an English priest or a monk, The Cloud of Unknowing 
is a spiritual guidebook that has influenced generations of seekers after the
spiritual truth.

  
  For it is not what you are or have been that God looks at
with his merciful eyes. but what you would be. St Gregory asserts
that `all holy desires grow by delays; and if they fade because of
these delays then they were never holy desires`. If man feels less
and less joy at new discoveries and the unexpected upsurge of his
old and deliberate desires for good, then those desires never were
holy. St Augustine is speaking of this holy desire when he says
that `the life of a good Christian consists of nothing else but holy
desire`.
   Farewell, spiritual friend, with God`s blessing and mine upon
you! And I pray Almighty God that true peace, sound counsel,
and his own spiritual comfort and abundant grace may ever be
with you and all his earthly lovers. Amen
                                                                        Anon (14th century)

The above writing I wish you to see as echoed by me, as it has come through me and could have just as well originated from me. Now you you also, if so inclined - after reflection - can think likewise. 
We are all one, my brothers and sisters, so lets pray for those of us that have not yet been blessed with this realization and understanding.
Your brother, in and of Jesus, Benedict of Nursia, Buddha and all the saints
                                                            Peter.

No comments: