Monday 22 October 2012

My latest painting. Plus not a gripe, but an observation.



Love and blessings to you all.













                      If I clear all thoughts from my mind and then look at this above photo it makes
                      me feel that all is well and bright.



Well my brothers and sisters. Having said the above, you may understand why I am not too perturbed by news that our government is going to try and make savings by doing away with `Disability Living Allowance` This is currently a major component of  my income. Somewhere in the region of between two to three hundred pounds per month. 

The government ministers will claim more in their meal expenses perhaps. None of them could live on my works pension of under £300 per month. 

I have lived in the past though, for six years in the Philippines and so I can see how its still possible to survive, when the `top` people in society have most of the wealth and the masses of poor have a pittance. Not me, I ought to make that clear, but the Filipino equivalent of a person from my social and economic background.
The poor are generally more compassionate and spiritual.
The rich are self absorbed and put on a show if at all they attend a church mass, or charitable event and are usually expecting their photo to be in the paper, or television coverage. 
Peoples power on two big occasions toppled corrupt regimes there.

 Here in the United Kingdom its been a long time since our masses, rose up against the `Elite`. 
Our biggest civil war and revolution was from 1603 - 1714 and was this just one elite raising troops and cannon fodder against another?

Although I have shared all the above with you to point out that the minority in power expect more wealth for themselves and less for the rest, I am able to see this of having little effect on my well being. My main well being is not material. Prime concern to my well being is a combination of psychological and spiritual wealth. My body is secondary and only a temporary convenience. This is why it is important for me to be able to have body and mind under control by means of fasting and prayer/meditation! Who you are and who I am, is beyond our body and mind and we can use almost any physical circumstances to realize this. Do you recall the story of the prince and the pauper. This illustrated how the prince came to realize his enslavement to a false way of life!   Now, if some do not realize that what we sow in this life, we reap in the next, then perhaps I should do more to inform them! Yet, if they haven't got it by now, maybe its beyond their comprehension and understanding in this life. Remember the story of the rich man who asked Jesus how he could enter the kingdom of heaven. Jesus said he should sell all he had, give the money to the poor and follow Jesus. He went away sad, because he was so wealthy that he couldn't trust the word of Jesus.

So if we can rejoice when people take the little we have and see it as their unknowing aid in our spiritual salvation, then we do not have to concern ourselves with them digging their own pit, by means of mounting up a mountain of riches from which they will eventually fall! They cannot hear the voice of Jesus saying, `when I was hungry did you feed me. When I was naked did you clothe me.` Those of us that have seen the way and the light, can be glad for even a penny, yet the rich will never be satisfied and always want for more. They may never feel sorry for those of us that are in need. When we are okay with that and do feel sorry for them, then we will have attained great spiritual wealth.     

Peace love and blessing to all beings.
Your brother Peter.   

           




     

No comments: