Thursday 18 October 2012

Thursday: my art and Gods best gift.

Good day. Peace and love to you all. Pass it on.

                   It is not a secret!!!
 

Although here is a photo I have just taken called `Veiled prayers`


              That`s a Tibetan prayer flag covering my nose & mouth.

                              Here is some of my art. Still wet!


                      This also painted yesterday, is dry. Just about.

                   Here is the painting I created yesterday.

    I like the different textures of the paint and the blend of colours.


                                                                God`s best gift

Abraham Lincoln was the sixteenth President of the United States of America. He begun his political career in his early twenties and was the first American president to be assassinated. He was not a member of any particular church but did attend Christian services and this quote indicates  that a Christian upbringing had influenced him.

  I believe that the Bible is the best gift that God ever gave to man. All the good from the Saviour of the world is communicated to us through this book. I have been driven many times to my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go.
                                                        Abraham Lincoln (1809-1865)


God`s church will never perish
Oscar Romero was archbishop of San Salvador in El Salvador, South America. He advocated a non-violent form of liberation theology and was assassinated while celebrating Mass. his death prompted an international outcry and calls for reform in El Salvador. He is one o the ten twentieth century martyrs who are depicted in statues above the Great West Door of Westminster Abbey, London.   (Does anyone know of other Christian countries which commemorate him? Maybe El Salvador!)

Martyrdom is a grace of God that I do not believe I deserve.
But if God accepts the sacrifice of my life,
Let my blood be a seed of freedom and the sign that hope will
  soon be reality.
Let my death, if it is accepted by God,
Be for my people`s freedom and a witness of hope.

You may say, if they succeed in killing me,
That I pardon and bless those who do it.
Would, indeed, they might be convinced not to waste their time
A bishop will die, God`s church, which is the people, will never
  perish
                                                          Oscar Romero (1917 - 1980)     
   
 
                      I am now going to go and look in the mirror at one eye, for three to five minutes, with the thought, `Love` going over in my consciousness!
That done and hopefully as the days go by, I shall as I look out in the world, think, (and feel!) `Love`.
Its got to be worth a shot. For sure it will be a better shot than the one taken at Abraham Lincoln.
  
 Let us go about this day with love in our hearts and peace in our minds. We are the change this world deserves. Your bro Peter G Kimble 
                 (Those who can, be nimble!)  

No comments: