Saturday 13 October 2012

Saturday and today will be restful for me.

Good day to you all. I am happy, calm and have just noticed the floor needs vacuuming. So I will just abandon this briefly.

That took longer than I expected, but as you can see, I am back!

First I shall share some photos of a canvas, which I painted yesterday evening. I wanted to us the floating medium I had especially bought the day before, but could not find it. Seems like its not the medium which produces the results I like! Also, I dont like to use the mirror effect on the camera, not just for the sake of effect. I believe that todays painting is one where the effect enhances differences in subjective artful observation. You though are the observers and so you too can decide on what you think, or feel.

     
Self-Powered Tools Won`t Do
 In order for a soul to be made into a vessel unto God`s honor, "Sanctified, and meet for the master to use, and prepared unto every good work," It must be utterly abandoned to Him, and must lie passive and in His hands.
  Hannah Whitall Smith  

As to the above writing. I have read critics opinions, but they dont sway me in believing this is a good piece of wisdom.
Pointing to Smiths life as being quite unhappy doesnt dissuade me either. Many saints may bear painful or miserable physical lives, but transcend this plane, spiritually. Or even just have flashes of brilliance. 

 
                    
                      Beholding the higher light
                      beyond the darkness we
                      came to the divine light
                      Sun of the Godhead, to the
                      highest Light of all.

                                                Rig Veda.


                      Let all accept they will thou
                      when thou art born a living
                      God from the dry tree, that
                      they may attain to divinity
                               and reach by the
                            speed of movement to
                      possesion of the truth and the
                               Imortality.
                                 - - Rig Veda.

 
                                      Wisdom is a virtue seldom explored.
                                               Monk Frost.


                                                                      Sydney Smith
                     It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can do only little.

                      Aviod shame, but do not seek glory, - nothing so expensive as glory.

 The above remind me that almost every week in church, I along with countless others may say, `To Him be the glory, the power and the majesty, forever and ever.` Not to me. There is no me, separate from you!  


In meditation we need no external master of Guru. Our Master is within. Our breath is our Guru.





                      I really like the texture of the both the canvas and the difference in thickness of
                      paint aplied and which can be seen well above. Yep the light and colour is also a
                      thing to behold and also the angle of the shot, showing spare around the top!


                      I do like some of those thick lines of paint above. They are almost like string.

                     Our mind is the student and it must submit to the master. The master is our breath.
 
                       It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can do only little.
                      If a person says to me, "your painting is not good, I can do a lot better." Then if
                      they dont, they have spoken empty words. If they do create a lot better, I am glad.

                     Creativity is allowing oneself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
                                                                                                       Scott Adams.
     Well, my brothers and sisters, I do hope I havent included  many mistakes for your attention to be drawn from that which was intended to be good.
            Enjoy your weekend.

 I as a being on a spiritual path, have to love even those who would kill me. For me I have had to literally stop people from carrying this out on two separate occasions whilst living in the Philippines. I have the stitched up knive scar and fractured cheek bone as proof to be witnessed. Yet afterwards had forgiveness and love for my would be killers.
 If not, how could I claim to be loving and a follower of Christ.
 It would be a statement from the mind, which was empty in the heart. So we must not let those people or thoughts which would try to darken or destroy our spirits, lay hold. Sweep them away with whatever tools we have found work. For me, in times of trouble, I hit the floor praying (after fighting off physical foes) . When I am on my knees I am closer to my Lord. Blessings peace and love to you all. Pass it on.

                          Your brother Peter.     

No comments: