Monday 15 April 2013

Good day. This morning I created some art and have been reading and meditating on the writings of Epictetus and St Anselm (1033-1109) famous in philosophy for having discovered and articulated the so-called "ontological argument".

Good day to you all.
For those looking today at this site and are interested as was I in St Anselms ontological argument, its further down this blog.

For here though is some writing for us from Epictetus.
Epictetus was a non-Christian philosopher and yet listen to him:  "When thou hast shut thy door and darkened thy room, say not to thyself that thou art alone. God is in thy room"

Now read Paul`s appreciation of this hunger for God and this sense of his presence which are to be found among all peoples.
 Ye men of Athens, in all things I perceive that ye are very religious. For as I passed along, and observed the objects of your worship, I found also an altar with the inscription "To an Unknown God." What therefore ye worship in ignorance, this I set forth unto you. The God that made the world and all things therin, he, being Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands; neither is he served by men`s hands, as though he deeded anything. Seeing he himself giveth to all life, and breath, and all things; and He made of one and every nation of men to dwell on all the face of the earth, having determined their appointed seasons, and the bounds of their habitations; that they should seek God, if haply they might feel after him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us, for in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain even of your own poets have said, for we are also his offspring. - Acts
                                                                                   17:22-28


 Well my brothers and sisters, although I am extremely happy with the painting which came into being through me this morning, I am unable to say with any sincerity, that my photographing of it is at all good. With this that I ask you to bare in mind, here are the shots for you to see.












    


Have a good day my brothers and sisters. Please know that you are loved and that I pray for your well being. I ask for those of you that do pray, would to do likewise for me, as I need your prayers for the strength to come into me so as to fight that which would bring me crashing down into destruction.
 On a bright note, the sun is shining outside, so I will pray for all our hearts to be lightened and filled with joy. Your bro Peter.  

No comments: