Tuesday 9 April 2013

The acheivement of stillness in the midst of choas.


Good day my brothers and sisters. The title of today's blog comes from today's quote, or at least of them; from our brother, Saul Bellow. All photos of painting come from God to you via me. Imagine how God can speak into being a whole universe and in this whole universe a man takes from a  magnificent oak tree a single branch with which to bash a baby seal to death. Well my brothers and sisters, we are going to stop him. Yes I know it could just as well be a `her`, but look at most violent stuff and cant we say either its because men write the history or men are the actual perpetrators of most violence and despicable stuff.  

I dont want to concentrate on who - gender wise - has been responsible for most wars, assassinations, mass genocide, ethnic cleansing etc. I just think its probably men. Albeit supported by on occasions by woman. For example Emelda Marcos. On a much smaller scale and here in England we had the mass murderer Fred West and his wife.

Thank goodness that when it comes to the creative field, women are catching up. Okay, cars, locomotives and planes have been invented, but what about all the non polluting modes of transport. Come on sisters, we leave this for you to hoist your flags up and say, we done it! For now lets get back to Saul Bellow and I can share His whole quote which I contemplated before starting this blog.
`I feel that art has something to do with the achievement of stillness in the midst of chaos. A stillness which characterizes prayer too, and the eye of the storm. I think art has something to do with an arrest of attention in the midst of distraction.
                                                     Saul Bellow

I paint objects as I think them not as I see them.
                                                        Pablo Picasso

So brothers and sisters we come to the art which by Gods grace I am able to share with you, as it came into being through me.


                             This is the whole work which I
                  posted `peaces`from yesterday. 


                                                    This is an image of the A1 paper painted
                                                    by me aided by the created force which
                                                    crated this wonderful magnificent universe.   













                                                       ^
                                                  Look above, half my shadow is portrayed with a giant stepping over me. Being careful not to tread on me. Bless.
                                               
 Have a good day and know that you are loved. Your bro Peter.
Ps.
Oh and lets be focusing today on ourselves being the change to make this world better.(yes, sis, this means I must do more housework.Someone else can organize scrapping all tanks and warmongering hardware.)  
                  



No comments: