Saturday 20 April 2013

Saturday morning got up and created a painting, `Getting up and getting into the flow.` Blessings upon you all.

Good day my brothers and sisters. Firstly I shall share some photos I have taken of a painting I arose from bed  to create as a welcoming in of this wonderful day, for us.


                                                   As you may observe above, the painting
                                                   was still wet when I shot these. Note the
                                                    bullet hole. Joke.
                           
                                         
                                          As I mentioned the word `joke` here is one. Two
                                          young boys accidentally wandered into an abstract art
                                          gallery. On seeing a large canvas, seemingly splashed
                                          randomly with bright paint; one said to t`other, "Quick,
                                          lets get away from here before they accuse us of doing
                                          this." What I find amusing is that the boy in a joke saw
                                          himself as it being a likelihood that they could have been
                                          seen as being held responsible for the images!
                                          In effect they hadn't, but saw it as possibility if only they
                                          had thought of it. Many adults don't think of painting
                                          with such abandon, either and so we are left with artists
                                          like me; and maybe thee!  This below, I wish the camera
                                          I use was able to get in closer. Since this shot I
                                          have been able to remove the small dark speck of dust!        



                                          Since I have used a hairdryer on these since the photos
                                          were taken, most of the texture you can see here remains!





                                           One of the things I like about my art which is quite
                                           abstract - wouldn't you agree - is that we can often
                                           see either similar or different things in them and we
                                           are all maybe both right and wrong at the same time.
                                           The other option is that of none of the above.

Now my brothers and sisters, I don't know if you have ever heard it said that it doesn't matter if our skin is black or white, its red blood that comes out if we cut it. This is a good reference perhaps that we ought to be looking at each other as what we have in common and not what separates us. For one thing, isn't sin anything that separates us from God. I am not worthy enough to judge another man and say that the Holy Spirit of God cannot reside in them. The individual themselves - I myself have at times been here - may deny the presence of a creator God whom is personal and all loving. How could though an all mighty God not forgive such thoughts. My namesake disciple Peter denied Jesus after previously telling Him and in the presence of the other disciples that he would not deny Jesus whom was his Lord and Master.
How Jesus wept then and still weeps today, not for his own sorrow, but our sorrow which he not only feels, but took it upon Himself unwarranted on my behalf. I will not say, `ours` as that would be presumptuous on my behalf. Those of you who consider us all as brothers and sisters, then yes, He (Christ) is our savour. Others who deny Him or haven't really heard of the Good News will never be abandoned by The Good Shepherd.
At the begining of the last paragraph I had meant to write about how on awaking I had after doing the painting you can see above, I was pondering those of our brothers and sisters whom were and are, `black` saints.
Look up on google images if you will, the great saint whom may have even had an holy order named after him - Saint Augustine. You may well see as I did, him portrayed as a white man and yet it seems that both he and his mother, saint Monica whom was an african laywoman were black. He was born in the town of Tagaste in Africa on Nov 13th 354. I would like to tell you some more about him but my eldest son wants to go home now. So Maybe I will get the opportuninty onon. Definateley want to share about a lady, Saint Josephin Bakhita!!  HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND. Know that you are loved. You bro Peter.    

No comments: