Monday 3 October 2011

The artist P G Kimble takes part in art at the Tate modern

Good morning and peace to you.
The pictures at the Tate art gallery were taken over a year ago
so please don't expect me to remember the titles, or who they were by. In the photo on the right, I am the figure in camouflage top. I enjoyed staying still for quite a few minutes, my presence changing the piece temporarily. Some people came to look at the sculpture and left, not realizing a human had become part of it.
As Ive said the visit to London was some time ago, so the photo above hasnt been seen by me, or anyone else for that matter, with an explanation. What I like about the elephants apart from their own beauty, is the way I used part of one in the foreground to frame the one in the distance. The hearts on the leg are a nice touch. They make me wonder how much our species loves them, as we destroy their habitat and drive them to distiction. O dear, thats meant to be extinction. It the job of artists to drive them to distinction.
Now I am going to leave you with a few words by George Bernard Shaw.
This is the true joy in life, the being used for a purpose you
consider a mighty one, the being a force of nature, rather than a
fevirish, selfish clod of ailments and grievances complaining that
the world will not devote itself to making you happy.
I did want to talk some more about stuff, but my son has just rang to ask me to go and pick him up early, so off I go. Maybe I can do an evening post. Peace and love to you all, pass it on.
Your bro Peter

No comments: