Sunday 30 October 2011

A VISION OF HOPE FOR OUR TIME


Left. Some wood cut and then arrainged with a candle inside. This may be transferred to a more desalate setting, though maybe with a hurricane lamp inside. Sitting on a stone wall may look good. Or on a heath!
For some reason my spell checker is not working. Also I cant seem able to turn the picture below of `Our Lady of Wolsinghome` Which isnt by me but was photograghed by me in church today in the Lady chapel.
Good day and blessings to you all. The title of todays blog comes from a library book of the same title that I started reading today, by Archbishop Desmond Tutu. I am only into the first twenty pages and I am riveted. Yet as have only started reading it, wont comment on it yet, other than to say how glad that I am to have borrowed it from the library. Also I ought to find short excerts to share over the next few days!
`Elections are usually just secular political events in most parts of the world. Our elections turned out to be a spiritual, even a religious, experience. We won`t so quickly forget the images of those long queues snaking their way slowly into the polling booths. People waited a very long time. John Allen, my media secretary, said there was a new status symbol at the time in South Africa. Someone would say, "I stood for two hours before I could vote!" And someone else would say, "Oh, that`s nothing-I waited four hours...." People shared newspapers, picnic lunches, stories and they discovered (what a profound discovery) that they were human together and that they actually seemed to want much the same things-nice housein a secure and safe neighborhood, a steady job, good schools for the children, and, yes, skin color and race were indeed thoroughly irrelevant.`
Well my brothers and sisters, I pray that you are well and this coming week is good for you and blesses all whom you meet. With loving regards, your brother Peter.

No comments: