Wednesday 19 October 2011

untitled yet undaunted

Good day to anyone who reads this. Today for me is one where I try to do all that is wanted from me. I drove my mother to the hospital and after dropping her off I waited down the the road in the car for her call sometime later to go and pick her up.
Somewhere in between being at mums house afterwards and coming here and taking Buster out over Popes meadow, Ive misplaced or lost my reading glasses. They were reasonable cheap ones, which were bought from a supermarket a couple of months or so back, to see me through to when I can get a prescription to have another pair of varyfocals which I lost a couple of months or so back. I thank God that my eyesight is not that bad that I cant drive without glasses, or even read reasonable size print, so its little inconveniance compared to people around the world who are going blind only through the lack of money for an operation. I saw a wonderful film not long ago where some surgeons went to africa from the west to work free for a short while giving sight to those whom an operation would surfice. For instance they restored the sight of those blinded by cateracts. This sort of thing may be called an understandable miracle, or not, its beyond my ken. I do know that it fits in with a prayer that may be by a saint, which has a bit where it says ,`God has no feet on earth but mine. No hands, nor eyes, etc. He also - though I try and often succeed in serving him here on earth - , has to accept that there are times like now where I feel lost and wretched. Then like now, I have to ask his forgiveness and that it will pass. What ever trials or tribulations I have to say, so be it.
My how we can have posative things counterbalance the ngative. My eldest son Joshuas, just phoned up to say he is playing rugby for his school under thirteens tomorrow and that I can go along and watch him. Ive been a bit sick today , but still managed to drive his gran about, so with Gods grace I shall be there watching him play. Josh is a very fast runner and I look forard to if I am able, supporting him.
Now here is a bit from the book I am readingGod has a dream, by Desmond Tutu, which I hope also convays partly how I feel coming into late afternoon and heading for this evening.
When We Pray together, we support each others prayers. There are many times when I cant pray, I am too tired to pray or I am experiencing a darkness of the soul. All I can do is to be in the presence of God and say "All I can give you is me on my knees "(from which position I am also able to type this) and I throw myself into the stream of worship. And there I Am immersed in the adoration of God.
Outside there is a light blue sky and fluffy white clouds, so light and still. I am going to leave this here to empty my mind of any troubling thoughts and rest my consciousness in these still, white clouds. Your brother Peter.

No comments: