Wednesday 5 October 2011

Love in Action www.releaseinternational.org

Good day brothers and sisters. I have just come back from Popes meadow with Buster. I wanted to put a picture of him on this blog with some eco art that I did. I pressed all the proper keys but it wouldnt go on. I wanted to persist, but then it occured to me that perhaps I am meant to focus this blog on two magazines I received today from an organization called, release international voice of persecuted christians. Love in Action, and Release are about persecuted Christians.
Is it hard for us to believe that in this day and age there are still concentraion camps? If so, then check out their video, `No Other God`.
`Remember those in prison as if you were their fellow-prisoners, and those who are ill-treated as if you yourselves were suffering.` Hebrews `13:3
CHAIN OF WITNESSES
A Christian prisoner in Cuba was asked to sign a statement containing charges
against fellow Christians that would lead to their arrest. He said: `The chain keeps me from signing this.`
The Communist officer protested, `But you are not in chains!`
`I am,` said the Christian, ` I am bound by the chain of witnesses who
throughout the centuries gave their lives for Jesus Christ. I am a link in this
chain. I will not break it.`
From Jesus Freaks Volume 1 [available from Release for £9.00 by calling in UK 01689 823491
As you know none of my artwork is for sale due to me being in the poverty trap, which I have to thankfully say is better in the 1st world than the 3rd world. Yet I am happy to offer release international any one of my paintings. Okay with this in mind I have just completed an unfinished work, a triptych which I'm calling, `Tortured Love Resurrected`. This work is not a pretty or colourful one and that's the point. You could say it is Bloody Hopeful! I would be happy to donate this one to their cause if they would like it, Or they could pick one from my website.
I must say I have over the years read two books by Paster Richard Wurmbrand, `In Gods Underground` and `Tortured For Christ`. They were inspiring, uplifting and fortifying. His faith in God and Gods Spirit in him. Wow!
In 1968 Release`s founder Paster Richard Wurmbrand had been tortured by the Romanian secret police during the Cold War years of the 1950s and 1960s. Why?
Because he steadfastly refused to bow the knee to communism, and would not compromise his faith in Jesus Christ.
Well I have just tried again to put the image on. Yep I suppose its obvious, you can see I failed.
Maybe when my neighbour and friend Long Tang gets home, if he has time he will help.

No comments: