Thursday 14 March 2013

If suicide is not chosen then is my following Jesus!

Good day my brothers and sisters. Yesterday I wrote how someone had said - with this I am also inclined to agree - that suicide is not chosen, it happens when pain exceeds resources for coping with pain. Surely I have knowledge of this, in that my late wife's suicide brought about my brain injury. Today I have to say this matter is related to life for me. Yet not for me alone, as now I am never alone for I do reside in the body of Christ! 
Awhile ago I came to the conclusion that I alone did not have the strength, nor ability to carry on living here alone. So I said I must be dead to my old self and alive in Christ, which is the resurrected self. 

I am a Christian and follow the Apostles creed, not a Capitalist, following profit mongering, grab and greed. To Hell with them and their good intentions. Their morals suck so they can send off souls to camps in cattle trucks. You can call yourself a Christian and make profit out of living creatures misery. You can call yourself tea total and get out of your skull every night on whisky. Words aren't truth without the backup of a righteous soul. Feed the poor means nothing without taking from the rich that which isn't rightly theirs. Or is it! Do we have to care about right and wrong when governments endorse land grab and weapon sales for profit gains and let dictators play their instate war games. Rebels and freedom fighters argue over names, whilst babies starve and boardroom chairmen laugh. 
I`m not being sarcastic but I am not elastic and cannot be stretched beyond a breaking point. This body can be destroyed and ground up in pulp. Pump it into the sea for fish food for all I care. This soul that is now it seems is starting a bit of a rant, can be angry, loving, mournful and joyful and all in the space of this sentence, plus beyond. Beyond this life or yours, as we  the many can be one. One what I ask, or is it you who's asking, but then you wont be asking me as we ought to be asking ourselves and laugh we remember we checked our egos so as to not make judgement when reading this passage. Beyond the final frontier. Really, I cant get my head around that. Perhaps it didn't say that on Star Trek. It would not be a final frontier would it. Surely there could still be an unknown frontier. A higher tear. 

An angels tear caught in amber.

This is something us phenomenological artists are licenced to explore. We can plunge the depths of fathomless dreams and waltz around in a whimsy naked with the truth.       

"Yet even now, says the Lord, return to me with all your heart, with fasting, with weeping, with mourning; rend your hearts and not your clothing. Return to the Lord, your God." (Joel 2: 12-13)

When I have a choice between two opposing actions or even opinions to take, I recall and meditate upon Jesus Christ hung upon the cross. I then think, `what would Jesus do!` 

For as it says in the Good book; `Those who claim to live in Him should walk as Jesus did. So my brothers and sisters we can think of the cross and His sacrifice when we are in templation and need strength to turn from evil. He came down from heaven to earth, to serve us and ultimatly give His life for us. Imagine His divine grace in Heaven being sung to by angels and radiating infinate love and joy, then being born in a stable to a unmarried Jewish girl. 
To turn from wrongdoing/evil is good counsel given to those who are going the right way, yet often stand still awhile, transfixing their gaze down the wrong path.
 Evil is a reality in this world and ignoring it is not enough. It is not enough for us all to be just good sheep alone, more is often required and asked of us. We are if we make the claim, both children and servants of God. Corruptions in religions have crept in and work in every corner.
 I cannot say it it wrong to follow this worlds other great religions. I can only share with you my brother and sisters that it is Christianity alone which tells us that God descended from Heaven to earth and became a mortal man to take upon himself my wrongs! He paid the price with a dreadful execution upon the cross.
 So now I will share with you a collect
          Almighty God, whose dear, beloved Son did not return to you in joy to reign nor think the final victory had been won until he shared in full our human pain. And therefore did not think to enter in to heaven`s glorious light in victory until he triumphed over death and sin. When He was crucified on Calvary.
 Be merciful to us, and grant that we who follow now the way that Jesus trod in the Good book; `Those who claim to live in Him should walk as Jesus did. So my brothers and sisters we can think of the cross and His sacrifice when we are in temptation and need strenth to turn from evil.
 To turn is good counsel given to those who are of good heart and soul but stand looking backwards. Going the right way I yet often find myself stood still transfixed, my gaze glazed by the passed.
     to be continued. 



         
  Got to dash and take my elderly mother to chuch. Bye for now. Know that you are loved. 
Peter, little brother of Jesus, the Buddha and all the saints.  

No comments: