Thursday 26 July 2012

Fish on Friday: THE WAY TO KNOW

Good day to you all, my brothers and sisters. Blessings and love to you and all beings.


THE WAY TO KNOW

  If any man will do His will, he shall know of the doctrine . . . John 7:17

  The golden rule for understanding spirituality is not intellect, but obedience. If a man wants scientific knowledge, intellectual curiosity is his guide; but if he wants insight into what Jesus Christ teaches, he can only get it by obedience. If things are dark to me, then I may be sure there is something I will not do. Intellectual darkness comes through ignorance; spiritual darkness comes because of something I do not intend to obey.
  No man ever receives a word from God without instantly being put to the test over it. We disobey and then wonder why we don`t go on spiritually. `If when you come to the alter,` said Jesus, `there you remember your brother hath ought against you . . . don`t say another word to me, but first go and put that thing right.` The teaching of Jesus hits us where we live. We cannot stand as humbugs before Him for one second. He educates us down to the scruple. The Spirit of God unearths the spirit of self-vindication; He makes us sensitive to things we never thought of before.
  When Jesus brings a thing home by His word, don`t shirk it. If you do, you will become a religious humbug. Watch the things you shrug your shoulders over, and you will know why you do not go on spiritually. First go - at the risk of being thought fanatical you must obey what God tells you.

The above has helped me with coming to terms with both a large spiritual question and a small personal irritation. The personal one first. Yesterday morning and on previous occasions I have been put out when driving and my mother wants me to go a route other than the one I had planned. So now I resolved this, by thinking a) It says in the Bible to honour ones mother and father. b) At the wedding when Jesus knew the guests had already drunk enough wine and had said so, still when his mother told him they had run out of wine, did he tell his mum they had already drunk enough. Nope, he said, `Mother I cannot deny you and he changed the water into wine! So I must try harder out of respect for my mother to realize that when ever earthly possible, I ought to try to fulfill her requests. I will make an  
exception when to do so would endanger them or others. Not that my mum is going to ask me to drive the wrong way down the motorway with my eyes closed. 

The large spiritual question has to do with dark matter. The scientists believe that the universe has lots of dark matter which we are unable to detect, but we believe is there. What I think this is, or may be, is the power of God which cannot be detected by our worldly devices, either scientific or rational understanding!  We can call this power, `Cosmic energy` and it can only be endowed upon us from God, or gained though much prayer and meditation. Cosmic energy, is essential to maintain a healthy and happy life. To obtain knowledge leading to the expansion of our consciousness. Sleep is unconscious meditation. Meditation is conscious sleep. In sleep we get limited energy. In meditation, or prayer we get abundant energy. We need this energy to open the doors of perception into our sixth sense and beyond. Meditation is nothing but a journey of our consciousness towards the true self. As the psalm says, `be still and know that I am God.` In meditation we stop body and mind as much as we can at the time and let that which is without work on that which is within.

In meditation or prayer we need no external master or guru. Our master is within. (Christ consciousness.) Our breath is our guru.

                 *****************************************************************
Here is some of the art I painted yesterday.

   
The above may be a bit too dark for most people, though not perhaps for St John of the Cross and me. We call it `The dark night of the soul.`



                                             This is, clearing the self of thought and feeling.


   


Above is the the same picture as the top one, but more enlightened! The day after the dark night. What!

No comments: