Tuesday 24 July 2012

Tuesday 24th July 14:00 hrs Peace ,Love and Creativity.


Acrylic on canvas pad.



Good afternoon and as you can see from these photo`s, I didnt wait until the paint was dry before taking some photos of my latest painting, done today, whilst Harry my youngest son, who will be a teenager tomorrow, was playing a game on this computer.  I am hoping that he enjoys his present, which is a computer game. Surprise, surprise! Who knows, he may let me have the paper its wrapped in. I am serious, its amazing and would work well as part of a collage, or whatever.    





Finding out who we really are.

More than twenty years ago I was in the admission ward of Broadmoor Special Hospital, when the then Medical Superintendent, Dr McGrath gave us new admissions a talk. He started by telling us there were three general types of patients in Broadmoor. The Bad, The Sad and The Mad. I knew deep down I wasn`t mad, although I did have major problems. I thought to myself, `I am The Bad.` After three or four years of therapy came the realisation that I was in fact mostly sad.

Now a couple of decades later I have awoken to the calm that was always calling, even back when I would shout and bang about to avoid acknowledgement. I know myself now as `The Glad`. I am glad to be me. Here by the grace of God sit I, writing to wish you well.

My prayer goes to all who have become centred,  to be patient and helpful towards those who have not  yet found their right way. Sometimes that means looking ahead and giving some a wide berth!

Peace and love to all beings. Brother Peter the glad.



























No comments: