Saturday 7 July 2012

Saturday; stillness yet sound. Movement yet silence.

We can focus our self on everything, or even harder on one thing. Beyond grasp is to let go and not be mindful of anything. This I would strongly advise against when driving or operating machinery, heavy or light.
Some focus everything on thyself, or in relation to thyself.
Some - and I include me here - deny our-self and see all as one and one as all.

The funny thing and I mean funny as in ha ha, but more than this as well; realise and even more so in light of the recent revelations of Higgs bosons. 

There is obviously more we know now than the eye can see, or most equipment can detect, but we now have proof exists.

The artist P G Kimble exists and more than this, is not only an artist, but so much more. How about so much less as well. I can make myself so small I am able to hide in a proton. Infact last night I went to sleep and ceased to exist until I awoke this morning! This didnt just happen to me, but to the whole universe. If you stayed awake all last night you must have noticed that you yourself along with the universe disappeared! Unless of course at one point, you blinked!    

Why dont we as we are here focus on some painting which came into being last night and are now nearly dry. So here are some images taken not half an hour ago.
( I know I have mentioned as a humorous quip in the past, that no animals were killed in the making of this artwork) In all seriousness though. No time was killed in the time passed whilst creating the following artwork. The time was spent; or was it? Money is spent and it is gone. I may not have anymore money, but lots of time. Or some people will tell you they have, no time at all. They mean for you or me! We could quip to them, we understand that they must rush to have their sight tested. No they say, what are you on about. Sorry we say, a misunderstanding perhaps, I took you shortsightedness to be a great hindrance to you and all of us. Thats just not the thing to say in reality, but okay in a little sketch, or not. I will leave it up to you to decide.  I can you one or two of you thinking, That Peter Kimble always leaves it up to us to decide. Then there are a lot more, shouting out, `At last we have been given the responsibility we craved, yet are not now sure we are up to the job of carrying out!` O yes you are. Besides, its only a bit of creative writing that your mind is at this moment interacting with. Or is it?  Here is some of the aforementioned art.

 




Thats enough from me and my art for this morning. Now I should feel blessed to share with you some writing by a great author of many stories. Many of them holding puzzles within that are worked out.

Facing despair
I can picture one teacher there - I can`t recall her name. She was short and spare, and I remember her eager jutting chin. Quite unexpectedly one day (in the middle, I think, of an arithmetic lesson) she suddenly launched forth on a speech on life and religion. `All of you,` she said, `every one of you - will pass through a time when you will face despair. If you never face despair, you will never have faced, or become, a Christian, or known a Christian life. To be a Christian you must face and accept the life that Christ faced and lived; you must enjoy things as he enjoyed things; be as happy as he was at the marriage at Cana, know the peace and happiness that it means to be in harmony with God and with God`s will. But you must also know, as he did, what it means to be alone in the Garden of Gethsemane, to feel that all your friends have forsaken yo, that those you love and trust have turned away from you, and that God himself  has forsaken you. Hold on then to the belief that is not the end. If you love, you will suffer, and if you do not love, you do not know the meaning of a Christian life.`
  She then returned to the problems of compound interest with her usual vigour, but it is odd that those few words, more than any sermon I have ever heard, remained with me, and years later they were to come back to me and give me hope at a time when despair had me in its grip. She was a dynamic figure, and also, I think, a fine teacher; I wish I could have been taught by her longer.
                                                                                                  AGATHA CHRISTIE
I believe that in a way she was taught by her teacher longer. How many Christians think to themselves when at a crossroads, `what would Jesus do?` So we can be taught like this, or from of course reading in books or hearing on radio or internet/television.

Fair well this weekend my brothers and sisters. I am smiling. I am mindful and I am love; for you and for all. Your brother Peter.

No comments: