Monday 12 September 2011

The art of getting all I want. Nothing but Love.

Can you believe it that today I have all I want. In fact to be truthful, I have more than I want. I need to be here for my sons and my mother. At times I find this world is so unforgiving ( that its often different` religious` people, who are being bigoted and insular, that can be can be depressing for me. ) I don't want to leave out those who have no regard for others , so God help them (and me for that matter) to learn where they are getting it wrong. Whats that you say, can I change the subject? I sure can. Just took a photo of an artwork I'm working on, but can I put it on this blog. Can I heck. The computer makes a click as if its a dolphin and no picture. Sorry about that. Maybe in a later post, my neighbough `Long` will pop round and help me.
So for now I will put it out of my mind and follow what St John teaches. In order to receive the plentiful return promised by Christ one must not desire to take pleasure in anything , to possess anything, to be anything, to want anything. He maintains that we can never be at peace until we control our selfish desires which keep us in a state of restless agitation and often activate one or another of the capital sins. It is necessary to hold oneself in a state of holy indifference, satisfied with whatever God wills for us. These are the sentiments expressed by St John in his poem. Glosa a lo Divinno.
From creatures now my soul is free,
Detached from all created things;
Now she at last has taken wings
And lives her life delectably.
To God, and God alone she clings.
Before I started this blog I was feeling a bit vulnerable to feelings of a bruised ego. Me and Buster had a run in with some Asian youths over the field behind our flats smoking marijuana. Lets just say they were angry that Buster was barking at them, but Buster cant help but pick up the scent of people up to stuff they are nervous about. I left as I could see me acting in an non-saintly and Buster acting as German Shepard's can.
I am glad to impart that meditating on saint Johns little, but powerful poem has done the trick.
I leave you all with my love, blessings and peace, wishing that your path today is a good one.
Your Brother Peter

No comments: