Saturday 10 September 2011

When the pathforks, which way do you go?

I took the upwards path with Buster a short while ago. On reflection I decided not to post a photo I took of a load of bird feathers, which was an obvious sign of a killing.
It reminds when I was seven or eight and saw on the road some blood and hair where a fellow pupil, Margaret Ryan hand been knocked down and killed. May her soul rest in peace.
.to move on, me and buster took the path upwards to a nice piece of sunlit meadow.
Eucharist means an act of thanksgiving. To celebrate the Eucharist and to live Eucharistically, then we must see our life as a wondrous gift. Its not easy to celebrate all the losses we have as time passes. Yet its only because of them that we can fully understand what a gift life is. Thinking too much of the time can dull our feelings, or make a person cynical. That why Jesus said we have to be like children(well, partly why.) The butterfly flittering about and the birdsong can be part of us if we just accept it. This doesnt mean its helpfull to ignore the sound of tanks rumbling through our streets or gunfire, but we mustnt accept it as part of us. We keep our attention on what is good and this will produce more goodness. This is the path, the way to awakening itself and is a sacred act of surrender and the ultimate act of love!
Now I have to spend some time on housework, so my sons dont come to an untidy unvacuumed flat this weekend.
So my brothers and sisters, whatever paths we take this weekend I trust in us being able to serve.

Oh yes, the word pathforks is it a word or two words. Anyway, that aside it reminded me of forks and fork handles or was it four candles. The two Ronnies sketch, which became a classic.
Another, just how fortunate it was for Barabas that he was due to be put to death at the same time as Jesus. I wonder if that changed him for the better!
Really got to go now. Peace and love to you all. Peter

No comments: