Tuesday 20 September 2011

Good morning to wake up and have to fight depression!

Have you ever had one of those days when you just dont want to get out of bed? I awoke to one this morning. When I rang my mobile phone from my land line, to try and locate it! Well it rang. Not in my flat though. Good old Buster (pictured right) needed to go over the park and be fed.
Met a fellow who lives down the road. He was over the park with `Inca`. a cross Labrador/German Shepherd. Funny how I and maybe some others, find it easier to remember dogs names, yet not the peoples! Anyway, he said that my art would be more widely known if I went on facebook. I replied that I tried and couldnt set it up. He then told me that even a child can do it. No I didnt say f**ck off. I just realized how they call brain injury a hidden dissability, partly because people cannot see how difficult it is to do the thing they can with ease. Its taught me not to take things, - yep that includes, butterflies, cabbages and concepts - for granted.
I must not forget to walk Buster down the vets this morning and make a note of his weight. He is rather on the thin side. Yet he has been since I got him. Or perhaps, since he got me.
Then this afternoon My mother wants me to drive her to church. Then there will just be the evening to occupy constructively!
I will use writing the following, by Ernest Holmes to envigorate me today
It says in the Bible, "Ask and ye will receive". This is one of the most wonderful statements ever uttered. It implies that there is a Power which can and will honor your request. At the same time Jesus said that you should not ask amiss. However, these two sayings of Jesus are not contradictory. They merely mean that you should ask in the nature of the Divine Life which is love, truth, beauty, power, wisdom, goodness and peace.
Anything you ask in this nature you have a right to expect to receive. But it is only as you let go of the lesser that you can take hold of the greater, only as you drop confusion that you can entertain peace, only as you transcent doubt and fear that you can be lifted up to the hill tops of the inner Life. In asking, you must identify yourself with the greatmess of the Spirit. This is the only way you can breathe this Almighty Power. Permit you consciousness, through faith, to rise to a greater and broader realization of that Divine Presence which is always delivering Itself to you.
Believing that the Divine Mind is ever present, that Divine Intelligence is ever available, open your consciousness to Its guidance. Keep your mind steadfast and loyal to the thought that you are govened by this Divine Intelligence. Feel that you are impelled to make right decisions, that you are compelled to act upon these decisions intelligently, and know that the Power that is with you cannot desert you. Say:
My knowledge that the great I am is ever
available gives me an increasing capacity to
draw upon It and to become inwardly
aware of the presence of Spirit.
Through the quiet contemplation of the
omni-action of Spirit, I learn to look quietly
and calmly upon every false condition, see-
ing through it to the other side of the ivisi-
ble Reality which molds conditions and re-
creates all of my affairs after a more nearly
Divine pattern.
With a penetrating spiritual vision I can dis-
sipate the obstruction, remove the obstacle,
dissolve the wrong condition.
Standing still, I can watch the sure salvation
of the Law.
I now claim health instead of sickness,
wealth instead of poverty, happiness in-
stead of misary.
Every thought of fear or limitation is re-
moved from my consciousness.
I know that my word transmutes every
energy into constructive action, producing
Health, harmony, happiness and success.
I know there is something at the center of
my being which is absolutely certain of it-
self.
It has complete assurance and it gives me
complete assurance that all is well.
I maintain my position as a Divine Being
here and now.
I know that in this consciousness of Reality
is the supply for my ever need-physical,
mental or spiritual-and I accept that
supply in deepest gratitude.
I am thankful that this is the way Life ful-
fills my needs, through the doorway of my
inner self, and I am thankful that I know
how to use this perfect Law.
I come to this great Fountain Supply, in
the very centre of my being, to absorb that
for which I have need, mentally and physi-
cally, and I am filled with the sense of the
Reality of that which I desire.
As I am filled with Reality I permit It to flow
into my world of thought and action, know-
ing that it brings peace, harmony and order
all around me.
There arises within melimitless faith in the
unconquerable Presence, the perfect Law,
and Divine Action.
What my brothers and sisters I like to do, ever since school, is not just to read a book, but write down in longhand, that which I want to be absorbed below the conscious level. This way it is more likely to become the reality of which I am a co-partaker.
Good is at the root of everything, regardless of its seeming absence. But this good must be recognized. Since there is but one Spirit and this Spirit is in you and in everthing, then everywhere you go you will meet this Spirit. You meet this Spirit in people, in places, in things. There is a Divine Essence perneating everything, flowing through everything, becoming all things. This one Spirit, which manifests Itself in and through all, including yourself, automatically adjusts parts to the whole. Therefore, you may accept with positive certainty that the Spirit within you does go before you and prepares your way.
This is no idle conclusion, no empty dream, no forlorn hope. Your faith is placed in something positive, certain as the laws of life, exact as the principle of mathematics, ever present, ever operating like the laws of nature.
Ive just noticed that the photo of Buster isnt the most flattering, but what the heck, Ive got to get going. Going to have a bright day of the soul with my spirit lifted as by angels. You too. Blessings and peace to you. Your brother in Christ, Peter.

No comments: